Sign in to follow this  
por930

WX advantage weather radar

I got the WX weather radar the other day...So, does that mean I have to uninstall the Lear and the 441, and reinstall them with the WX config versions? As yet, I do not have the GTN750. SO... when I do get the GTN750, will I have to again uninstall the Lear and 441 and find the config version for the WX and GTN750 combination?

Looking at the installation of the WX radar, it runs off during install and looks for appropriate aircraft. I notice it did not find the FSW Lear or 441.

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

Hi Geoff,

I'm not in front of my machine at the moment - but - I think the models are all there - you merely select them from the aircraft selection menu ? Maybe there was a configuration screen - where you selected how many GTN's you wanted ? No need to remove and reinstall I'm pretty sure...

Yeah - both the GTN and Wx Radar have been configured by Flysimware in their VC- so as long as you have the packages properly installed - no configuration necessary...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The REX WX Radar works out of the box with the L35A and C441, no need to run the config tool.

The Flysimware installer has different install options for single or dual GTN750, but both installations allow switching to the GNS530 without reinstallation.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I thought I would simply load the Rex WX radar into P3D, and then the Lear and 441 would take it on some how. But, when I try and install the Rex WX radar, it is looking for a recipient so that it can finish the installation. Because I do not know how to point it at the Lear or 441(and maybe should not anyway), the install process for the Rex WX radar installation backs out. 

I do recall seeing some comments about the load process for the Lear and the 441, mentioning about if I had the GTN750 and or the Rex WX radar, then choose "X" load option etc. I will uninstall the Lear and reinstall it and see what it asks me regarding the Rex WX radar/GTN750. I am missing the connection logic between the Lear/441 and the Rex WX radar....

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

3 hours ago, por930 said:

it is looking for a recipient so that it can finish the installation.

In this situation I just point it towards/select the default Baron and then continue/next. As scottb613/ThomasAH  point out you just select one of the options at the installation, in my case I select a single GTN750, this will give two options in the Prepar3D vehicle menu ... default GPS and GTN750 models which have the WX gauge.

bob

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, por930 said:

So, does that mean I have to uninstall the Lear and the 441

If you reinstall the C441 just check in Task Manager that you don't have two versions of the GTN750 running. if so you may need to modify the Panel.cfg file. I always check the Affinty mask as well to make sure the GTN750 is using all cores.

bob

3 hours ago, onebob said:

In this situation I just point it towards/select the default Baron and then continue/next. As scottb613/ThomasAH  point out you just select one of the options at the installation, in my case I select a single GTN750, this will give two options in the Prepar3D vehicle menu ... default GPS and GTN750 models which have the WX gauge.

bob

Hi Bob, "that" was the info missing from my logic...I simply needed to add the radar to 'something', which then activated it for P3D. I find it automatically worked in the cockpit weather radar as Scott and Thomas said. And, because of your solution, which worked, I did not need to remove and reinstall the Lear and 441 to see if that fixed it. 

When I get the GTN750, then no doubt, it will be a reinstall, as I need to tell the Lear and 441 installer, I now have the GTN750. When this is done, I will then check to make sure only one version runs.

Interesting you leave the affinity mask setting using all cores. I had wondered if the GTN should be set at 1 core, so that the remainder were available for P3D and video card...I have absolutely no knowledge about affinity mask workings..... 

Thanks guys

Geoff

• Upvote 1

Geoff Bryce

37 minutes ago, por930 said:

I had wondered if the GTN should be set at 1 core, so that the remainder were available for P3D and video card

Hi Geoff, ON my setupup... w7.. cpu 4770 o/c 4...gpu 1080ti I find the 750 is a bit sluggish when running on a single core. Awhile back when Flight1 were updating for P3Dv4 it was a suggestion on the support forum to run it on all cores so I've stuck with that,

With regards to the 441 ( if you have a problem double gtn processors) check your panel,cfg file and quote out this VC cockpit 31 view as it appears to be a copy of cockpit view no 30. that's in folder Panel.RDR_GTN

//--------------------------------------------------------
//[VCockpit31]
//size_mm=1024,1024
//pixel_size=1024,1024
//texture=$GTN750_2
//background_color=0,0,0

//gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,677,794,UNIT2

bob  edit I think this vc-cockpit view is required when you select for 2 GTN in the set-up

Thanks for that Bob. My P3D machine is Win10( I often wonder about junking Win10 for Win7, which I use on my FSX machine with no issues at all) That said, the Win10 has had no issues,yet, with P3Dv4.1. 

I am using a i7-7700K @ 4.6GHz with 16 GB RAM, and seems to handle everything ok.

If I have issues with my 441, I will look at the config you supplied.

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

Question about the GTN750 and affinity mask settings:  How do you determine how many cores the GTN750 is using, one or several?

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Stewart,

When you use the F1 GTN Config program, you'll select the unit (750 or 650) that you want to modify, then you scroll down until you see where you can select the cores. It will be on the interface that looks a lot like the GTN screen. It's the same place you select the avatar for your plane, VC brightness, etc. I think the option is right near the bottom.

Hope that helps.

:-)

Yep.  That was a big help, rightseat.  I had always wondered what that setting was for and left it on "auto".  I'll see how this works. Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Stew

10 hours ago, StewartH said:

I had always wondered what that setting was for and left it on "auto

Hi Stew, you can always check the GTN.ini file ( located in the Airplane folder ) ie :-  CPU Core=999 this will set all cores.    998 will set last 2 cores.

setting auto will be  CPU Core=0.

I've found setting auto tends just to put it on the last core. if I use this the GTN seems to be a bit sluggish so I use all cores.

bob

Bob, In reading the output from the cores in the task manager, one reads right to left: 0, 1, 2, etc., correct?  So core 0 is the right-most display, not the left-most one?

Stew

Hi Stew,  If you are referring to the graph in the performance tab then from left to right ( for a 4 core with HT on ) reads 1 to 8 cores, ( or 0 to 7) however if you wish to see which core the GTN is running on click and open the Processor tab, you should see the GTN  process in the list, now right click on it and go down the pop up and click on set affinity, and you should see which processors are allowed to run on the gtn ( I using w7, it may be different on w10)

bob