Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Learjet 35A Dual GTN not that far fetched ???

Hi Folks,

Learjet 35A with duel GTN's - hah - not missing an FMC so much anymore - since we have real world examples...

bombardier-learjet-35a-351280_bb7ccea0f7

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Nice picture Scott!

I've come to much prefer the GTN750 approach over the FMC because it lets me participate more in the flying. If you read some of the professional airline pilot forums, you will find a common complaint is they find it hard to keep up their flying skills because airlines want the FMC to do most of the "work" in an attempt to save every last drop of fuel possible.

Al

Can the GTNs database be updated with Navigraph.  That's where I get my new AIRAC every month and also their nav charts.  I use FSBuild for my flight planning, but I can always make the plan, then put it in manually.  I'm probably going to purchase the 750/650, It's just a lot of money.  I have 3 aircraft that it's made for, LJ35A, C402, and Phenom 100.  Most of my other planes already have everything.

John K

35 minutes ago, johnk51 said:

Can the GTNs database be updated with Navigraph?

No, unfortunately the Flight1 GTN cannot be updated with Navigraph.  The GTN750 by Flight1 is based on the database in the GTN 750/650 Trainer by Garmin. So my understanding is the Flight1 GTN750/650 database can only be updated when the Garmin Trainer database is updated.

BTW, the GTN750/650 can be used with just about any sim a/c as a pop-up.

Al

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the comments - yeah - honestly - as long as I can fly realistically - I’m pretty happy - FMC/GTN/GNS... It still makes me a tad bit happier when I can find real world examples... 

If you’re well healed - or - have it from another source such as owning a real GTN - the database can be upgraded to a more current version - it’s probably several hundred dollars - but it’s there if you want it... You need the real database from Garmin...

Yep - at 6’5” had the opportunity to crawl into the cockpit once - it wasn’t easy - as you’re bent over trying to figure out where to place everything without stepping on something important... It was very tight - surprisingly so... I guess if you do it every day you’d get used to it...

Hah - the plane pictured is for sale - anyone want to go fractional - lol - like maybe 1/1000... 

:tongue:

Regards,

Scott

On 1/19/2018 at 0:04 PM, johnk51 said:

Can the GTNs database be updated with Navigraph.

Definitely possible to extract the data and get in a format to put it into the GTNs. Absolutely not intuitive or "single click."

FuxFGif.png

34 minutes ago, softreset said:

Definitely possible to extract the data and get in a format to put it into the GTNs. Absolutely not intuitive or "single click."

So now this is interesting, any hind on how to do this? 

Bruno

Bruno 

5 hours ago, bakerman said:

So now this is interesting, any hind on how to do this? 

Bruno

Regrettably the last time I posted information about how this was accomplished it immediately taken down by the moderator staff as pirated material.

22 hours ago, softreset said:

Regrettably the last time I posted information about how this was accomplished it immediately taken down by the moderator staff as pirated material.

Sounds about right.... I wonder why they'd make that assumption?

I would be happy if I could just get charts and plates to match the Garmin Db ....2012 I think.

I7 7700K  4.4GHz | GTX 1080  | Samsung 28" 4k Monitor | Maximus IX Hero MB | Samsung M.2  SSD 500GB X2 | Corsair H110i | 32GB DDR4 3600 | Windows 10 | FSX Accel | Eclipse Yoke | CH Throttle Quad |  Saitek Pedals

On 1/19/2018 at 10:20 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Learjet 35A with duel GTN's - hah - not missing an FMC so much anymore - since we have real world examples...

bombardier-learjet-35a-351280_bb7ccea0f7

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott do you have a kink for the mod for dual gtn's in the 35A? I have been thinking about how to do this for a long time now 😄

Hi James,

Unfortunately - we have no ability to change the 3D model - so I don't think you can do it in the VC. You could probably rig it so when you open the popup 2D GTN screen - it shows two GTN's instead of just one... I haven't done it myself as the mismatch between 2D to 3D would bother me and I don't use the 2D panels very often - you would need some familiarity working with 2D panels before diving in... I've been able to get by pretty well with just one...

Another image as the old one doesn't come up:

241-dscn9649.jpg?itok=txI8Q4s7&timestamp

Regards,
Scott

4 hours ago, JamesM said:

Hi Scott do you have a kink for the mod for dual gtn's in the 35A? I have been thinking about how to do this for a long time now 😄

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Thanks for the reply Scott it looks great it's a real shame it's not been done in vc yet as it looks great 🙂

• Like 1