Sign in to follow this  
jelen149

747-400X update

Hello,

can you please somebody help me how can I update my pmdg 747-400X v2.1.10.0040? Or how I can add a livery in ptp. format.

Because I can´t find livery manager in my pc (I don´t knew why) and operations center is not working with my version of 747. So i can´t add a new livery neither update to version v3 without operations center.

Do somebody knew how I can solve this problem?

Thank you.

Best regards,

John

Haha it´s so comical!

And can you tell me please how can I add a new livery? I can´t find livery manager. Is there choice to install it separately?

1 hour ago, jelen149 said:

Haha it´s so comical!

And can you tell me please how can I add a new livery? I can´t find livery manager. Is there choice to install it separately?

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Regarding your question as Kevin said the 747-400X is the old legacy product that is no longer in sale. You can find liveries for this product on avsim library.

PS Please open new subjects to the appropriate forum. I have moved this one to the correct one

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for your answer.

I knew that liveries can be found on avsim library and I have already downloaded them, but it is in ptp. format. So my question was how can I add liveries to the FSX? When I haven´t livery manager.

And second question is if I really must pay whole price (90$) for updated v3?!

I don´t knew how about you but I don´t think that it is normal when I once bought a product and after few years I have to pay again and much larger price then was prime price.

Maybe some differential price would be fair alike it is set in Aerosoft company when you can buy new version of a product which you have already bought.

Thank you for your explanation sir.

23 minutes ago, jelen149 said:

I don´t knew how about you but I don´t think that it is normal when I once bought a product and after few years I have to pay again and much larger price then was prime price.

Maybe some differential price would be fair alike it is set in Aerosoft company when you can buy new version of a product which you have already bought.

Thank you for your explanation sir.

The ptp liveries are for the new 747 and not the old one.

Regarding your question. There is no upgrade price. The legacy 747 was released in 2007. The new 747 was build from zero and does not have anything in common with the old version. Please note that per forum rules discussion of PMDG pricing policies are not allowed

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

29 minutes ago, jelen149 said:

It's real simple, they are not the same airplane.  

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 1/20/2018 at 9:38 AM, jelen149 said:

They released about a decade apart. There's no part of the old version in the new version. We built it from the ground up to make it better in every way. I'm honestly not quite sure anyone would find it reasonable to not pay for a new product after a literal decade.

Would you take a 2007 car back to the dealer and ask to get a free 2017 model year?

Kyle Rodgers

Well just to chime in what I think he is trying to say /ask 

It is true the Product he is referring was released in 2007, I am pretty sure everyone knows that.

But it was available for purchase until when?

So,  

A lot of people were confused especially the ones who just purchased "Old version" and now it is gone  and they feel like their flying carpet was ripped out from under them.

A lot of people were asking if there would be a discount for customers who had just purchased the " Old Version "

A lot of people were wondering if there would still be support for the Old version

His second question or what he is trying to say is He can download files for his "OLD VERSION" no problem 

He is having a hard time getting them to work in FSX because the "Old version" would automatically just load them to his FSX

So now he does not have a tool that will do it for him so he is looking for that tool.

At least that is how I am reading it 

All that said, I love my PMDG

Probably THE best add on ever released for FSX Save for the VRS simulations Add ons