Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 Series v2

..by RWDesigns has been released at the Org-Store. Looks really nice.

• Upvote 1

Also with native support for RealityXP GTN 750 and GNS 530. Nice

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

hmm i´m not sure. The VC looks great.

No "NORMAL_METALNESS" in the *.obj-files and the normal files are like in XP10. I don't have the other planes of RWD to compare. Hopefully the developer is going to implement PBR in future updates or the community is going to provide it. But hacking the object files is not everybodies taste.

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

5 minutes ago, StefanH75 said:

No "NORMAL_METALNESS" in the *.obj-files and the normal files are like in XP10. I don't have the other planes of RWD to compare. Hopefully the developer is going to implement PBR in future updates or the community is going to provide it. But hacking the object files is not everybodies taste.

Okay, thanks! How do you like her? Is she worh the money? Are there any major bugs?

Unless metalness or PBR is going to make the plane fly any better, can wait.  Be picking up today.I fly from the cocpit, thats what its for,

I didn't fly her already. I've benefit from the discount and just took a first look. I had the XP10 version and the quality is quite the same. The new weight and balance manager is good, as well as options menu and ingame checklist. I'm missing a performance table there. I'm dissapointed that this plane doesn't support PBR, as already stated. She still needs some tweaks and fixes, as I have read some reports at the .org. In summary I'm not as impressed as with the DO228, but Carenado/Thranda is in general on another level, as they have simply a much bigger team, I guess.

banner_c210_1.png

11 hours ago, StefanH75 said:

I didn't fly her already. I've benefit from the discount and just took a first look. I had the XP10 version and the quality is quite the same. The new weight and balance manager is good, as well as options menu and ingame checklist. I'm missing a performance table there. I'm dissapointed that this plane doesn't support PBR, as already stated. She still needs some tweaks and fixes, as I have read some reports at the .org. In summary I'm not as impressed as with the DO228, but Carenado/Thranda is in general on another level, as they have simply a much bigger team, I guess.

Actually according to another post on another forum it does... as does teh review

here

29 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Actually according to another post on another forum it does... as does teh review

here

Hi, what is your opinion? You like her and can recommend her? Thanks for the review!

3 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Hi, what is your opinion? You like her and can recommend her? Thanks for the review!

Only had quick flight. not as nice as teh FSX aerosoft ver,. compared to teh xp10 ver, cant really say. It flies nice. easy to taxi, might have to load up the 10 ver and compare. Can do with some better sounds., start up not realistic, in the aerosft ver it breaks if you dont start it propery, but otherwise its not bad, worth the price,

10 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

here

Yes ok, by using default XP11 features. But they are not optimized for full PBR. Just look with an texteditor into the obj files and look at the normals, that's evident and a pity. With much more love for details of the normals for the cockpit and exterior, this bird would be excellent. But hey, I paid only 15$ and I stop criticizing now. Instead I will modify it for my pleasure.

banner_c210_1.png

This is a very disappointing product. It looks nicer than the previous one on the inside (I haven't looked at the outside) and flies about the same, which is to say like a stable generic twin turboprop with no obvious vices. There are almost no systems modelled and the autopilot is only half-implemented. If you want a Twin Otter for XP-11 you don't have much choice, but if you're looking for challenge or for the reward of managing the aircraft systems you will need to look elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro