AirNet

2dtqcjt.jpg

In service privately owned out of Kenosha WI

nvuvcl.jpg

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 4

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Beautiful liveries, Scott! Ever consider doing a few repaint tutorials (or would that be giving away your secrets)?

Mario Di Lauro

53 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Beautiful liveries, Scott! Ever consider doing a few repaint tutorials (or would that be giving away your secrets)?

+100

Hi Scott, great job

Not having Photoshop, which a lot of painters seem to use, I have often wanted to repaint aircraft, and maybe help some one out with less time. But, not being that venturesome, I would get very frustrated as no 'plan' to work from. As you have managed to tame PSP into letting you carry out the repaint, be great if you could jot a few notes (I am being polite, read that a lot), it would be fantastic.

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

Yes thanks Scott. couldn't have come at a better time for me , just about to re- install the Lear after flying the 441 for the past 4 weeks.

many thanks ...bob

Scott, Did you post the repaint on the Avsim library? Just looked but did not see them. 

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

Hi Folks,

Yep - they should be in the queue whenever the library manager processes them today...

LOL - no secrets - nothing is really hard about painting - more tedious than anything - as many times you are moving things pixel by pixel to get them to line up properly... I'll gladly help where I can if someone genuinely has the desire to learn how to paint... The first step is picking a paint tool - if money's tight - Gimp is free and more than capable of doing the job... Paint Shop Pro has a free full featured 30 day trial - PSP is also what I know best - and my least favorite Photo Shop has the monthly subscription to keep initial costs down... Play around with your tool of choice and learn about painting with layers... The Flysimware paint kit is pretty good and nicely broken down to essential layers - you can see how it goes together... Personally - I paint real world schemes - so find a picture of a scheme you like and settle down in your tool of choice... My N62RA is a very simple paint and probably the easiest of the bunch - no fancy curves... Again - I'll gladly help anyone making an effort...

If you're painting the Lear - just start a thread here on your project and we can work through it...

Thanks for the nice comments - folks - much appreciated - hope you get some enjoyment from them...

Regards,
Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Paint Shop Pro has a free full featured 30 day trial

Excellent info, Scott. Just downloaded PSP and am ready to make a fool of myself!

Mario Di Lauro

Hi Mario,

Cool - yeah - so just start a new thread indicating we're trying to learn how to paint and we can use it for a bit of a tutorial... Really - don't feel foolish - we all started somewhere... Don't get discouraged either as you're not going to figure it all out in one sitting - I've been doing this for more than 15 years or so... Baby steps... If you know how to post images here in the forum - it would be very helpful and make it easier to communicate as well... Start by downloading the Lear paint kit from the FSW site and see if you can open it in PSP and look around...

I'm sure others will pitch in - Steve Drabek is a master craftsman and Mitch has gotten very good too...

Regards,
Scott

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - my V2 paints have been uploaded:

• Fixed some issues
  • Adjusted whites for use with HDR Lighting and Shader Mods
  • Gave the crew more color to make them appear more lifelike
  • Added "Return Yoke" mod
  • (2) new cargo paints

AirNet "We Remember" Cargo

30rlmkw.jpg

In Service with Royal Air Freight

5prl8h.jpg

AirNet Cargo

2eq410m.jpg

AirNet

2dtqcjt.jpg

In service privately owned out of Kenosha WI

nvuvcl.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Can you please put some links?

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry - no links yet - I uploaded them all last night - I haven't seen todays update in the lib yet - maybe the manager is sleeping in - they will be under "Latest Library Additions" or "What's New" when processed...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Mario,

Cool - yeah - so just start a new thread indicating we're trying to learn how to paint and we can use it for a bit of a tutorial... Really - don't feel foolish - we all started somewhere... Don't get discouraged either as you're not going to figure it all out in one sitting - I've been doing this for more than 15 years or so... Baby steps... If you know how to post images here in the forum - it would be very helpful and make it easier to communicate as well... Start by downloading the Lear paint kit from the FSW site and see if you can open it in PSP and look around...

I'm sure others will pitch in - Steve Drabek is a master craftsman and Mitch has gotten very good too...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

OK, I will look at creating a thread. The only youtube tutorial I found for PSP repaint was this one for FSX. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrfcjmZS-p8 It is fast paced, but with sub titles to help.  I got into trouble pretty soon, which may have been a base settings issue for PSP. Anyway...In the next week or so, I will get a thread started using the paint kit for the Lear.... and see how we go.

Geoff

edit....

I found the N27TT repaint in the new section with 4 others....https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=203044

Geoff Bryce

Yes thanks, found the link, up and running, had to do a small edit in the aircraft.cfg file , on the panel line, for the variant to show up in p3d. May be down to the fact i have the l35 installed in the add - ons folder.

Bob

20 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bob,

Sorry - no links yet - I uploaded them all last night - I haven't seen todays update in the lib yet - maybe the manager is sleeping in - they will be under "Latest Library Additions" or "What's New" when processed...

Regards,
Scott

I found them Scott.  Thank you.

Lovely paints! Many thanks, Scott for the time and effort. 

I am very impressed with the AirNet paint. I was looking her over last night on the ramp in Richmond, and I thought about how hard it must have been to align those diagonal pinstripes. They're spot on. 

Don't get too good at painting, or you'll end up like Ron with a thousand repaint requests, and most of them from me! :-)

Hi Scott,

Yeah - glad you like them and thanks for posting... Yep - a few hours tied up in them - time to do some flying... I just mapped most of my Lear keys to the G1000 in v4 yesterday... Had a good flight from KNEW "The Big Easy" in New Orleans down to KMTH Marathon Key in FL (both ORBX Freeware) in N500LL... Flying over the Mississippi delta as it empties into the Gulf in P3D is pretty cool if you haven't been down that way before...

KNEW

new-orleans-lakefront-airport.4.jpg

KMTH

approach-rwy-7-KMTH-1920.jpg

Regards,

Scott  

• Upvote 1