Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Landing gear will not retract (Pro)

Hi everyone

Its being a while since the mighy Dash8 has bin out of the hangar.

I have the gearpins in sight in the basket from cold and dark to flight but still cant retract landing gear.

What am i missing here ? Latest version in P3dV4.1

Thanks

Michael Moe  

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 20-1-2018 at 2:32 PM, Michael Moe said:

I have the gearpins in sight in the basket from cold and dark to flight but still cant retract landing gear.

What am i missing here ? Latest version in P3dV4.1

I had the same problem: it doesn't happen every time but every now and then I couldn't retract the gear even though the gearpins were in sight AND even when the FMS showed they were stowed (which is so when the FMS shows Install).

I have two solutions:

1. every time you start a flight go to the services page on the FMS and stow the gear pins, regardless if you see the red pins or not in the cockpit. When you see Stow, stow them and when you see Install (meaning they are stowed already), install them and stow them again right after that. Apparently there is some sort of bug that needs you to stow the pins manually even when they are stowed. (I have seen more reports about this but unfortunately up to now Majestic hasn't acknowledged this as a bug.)

2. my favorite solution: edit the cold and dark script (which is the only script that allows the gearpins to be randomly installed!) so it will actually stow the gearpins everytime you load the plane. This way you in fact 'disable' the entire gearpins option from the plane. I have done this and I haven't had problems with retracting the gear ever since. To do this, copy the following line into the cold and dark script: it doesn't matter where you add it but I would add it after the last line that starts with COPY: just be sure to add if before the line that has END in it.

COPY #FlightControls_->gearPinsInstalled 0    ; stow gear pins

Be sure to let COPY align with the other lines that show COPY by adding tabs in front of it: I once added a line without tabs (so COPY was at the beginning of the line) and that stopped the line from working.

It is a pity this option now is sort of removed from my plane but rather that than having to fly with gear down every now and then...! I hated having to Install and Stow the pins everytime, it felt unrealistic, so editing the script is by far my favorite solution.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

I had the same problem: it doesn't happen every time but every now and then I couldn't retract the gear even though the gearpins were in sight AND even when the FMS showed they were stowed (which is so when the FMS shows Install).

I have two solutions:

1. every time you start a flight go to the services page on the FMS and stow the gear pins, regardless if you see the red pins or not in the cockpit. When you see Stow, stow them and when you see Install (meaning they are stowed already), install them and stow them again right after that. Apparently there is some sort of bug that needs you to stow the pins manually even when they are stowed. (I have seen more reports about this but unfortunately up to now Majestic hasn't acknowledged this as a bug.)

2. my favorite solution: edit the cold and dark script (which is the only script that allows the gearpins to be randomly installed!) so it will actually stow the gearpins everytime you load the plane. This way you in fact 'disable' the entire gearpins option from the plane. I have done this and I haven't had problems with retracting the gear ever since. To do this, copy the following line into the cold and dark script: it doesn't matter where you add it but I would add it after the last line that starts with COPY: just be sure to add if before the line that has END in it.

COPY #FlightControls_->gearPinsInstalled 0    ; stow gear pins

Be sure to let COPY align with the other lines that show COPY by adding tabs in front of it: I once added a line without tabs (so COPY was at the beginning of the line) and that stopped the line from working.

It is a pity this option now is sort of removed from my plane but rather that than having to fly with gear down every now and then...! I hated having to Install and Stow the pins everytime, it felt unrealistic, so editing the script is by far my favorite solution.

Thanks for the solutions Jereon

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I believe gear not working is one of the failure modes on the pro.  if you have that enabled. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I believe gear not working is one of the failure modes on the pro.  if you have that enabled. 

I have failures disabled (and do own the Pro version) so that isn't it. Majestic did confirm btw that some people (very few) have a problem with this but that it is not reproducable. Which is correct. It doesn't happen all the time, just every now and then.