Sign in to follow this  
Henrique Santos

Scenery in SSD disc?

Hello!

I have bought a computer with two discs, the main one SSD for the OS and FSX, and one for all the other stuff. 

But with the year´s going by and scenery and aircraft, the SSD disc is only 16,3 GB free. So I tought in all the scenery I have and move it to the other dics. Is this feasible?

Other options?

Thank´s in advance.

Henrique Santos

Doublle post, sorry

In

Of course it is feasible, but in 2018 I would simply get a bigger or second SSD.  I think the easiest way to move stuff to a new location is to move an entire folder tree to the new location, leaving just an empty (top level) folder in the original location.  Then create a symbolic link from the new location to the old, empty folder.  There's a freeware program out there called Junction Link Magic v2 that makes it easy to do, or you can use a command line.

When you do this all programs look for files in the original location and the OS translates the path to the new location.

scott s.

So if new SSD, and if I did understand your option, I can change the entire FSX Files without having to unistall and reinstall all the stuff again, right. Dind´t think it would be possible, not even sure about the scenery´s out of the SSD (that´s why this topip). Maybe the way to go, but for now and afther Christmas, I must try to move only the scenery.Just remove from the scenery option on FSX, copy to the other disc and add again in FSX scenery option, right?