Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

A question about a weather situation (Hail)

I've been using for the meteo, on P3D v4.1, ASP4 + REX SKF 3D with its engine disabled and I happened to verify that while
 the METAR airport reported the presence of hail (GR), do not see and do not... hear this meteorological situation and wonder
if it happened to others and if there is an addon that reproduces this meteorological situation. Thank you.

I don't thing hail is something that any weather engine attempts to create, which is just as well because the simulator platform does not do hail damage such as destroyed radomes, dimpled leading edges and distorted engine fans going out of balance.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi downscc,

Thanks for your answer. Obviously my question refers to hail situations with aircraft on the ground where it is difficult
can cause damage reported to you. Imho, it would be enough just to associate, to the GR of the METAR, an audio file with the
sound reproduction of hail if it is complicated to visualize it.

If you're in a hail shaft, you're doing it wrong.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Even if you're waiting at the gate, are you wrong? I repeat that my question concerns a situation of GR on the ground
and not in flight.

Hi,

ActiveSky (since ASN) actually does that (plays an altered audio file when hail is present) and depicts snow in order to give the closest possible (within sim restrictions) feeling of being in hail. So, it doesn't work? What is the ambient precipitation reported by ActiveSky debug window?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png