Sign in to follow this  
filou

Boring point of view,isn't it?

qu6TkZD.jpg

• Upvote 4

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

If my simming looked like this, I would never be bored. (For me, XP11 must wait until I replace my present computer.)

John

• Upvote 2

Filou,

Correct

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

34 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Filou,

Correct

Tony

Tony

And if this time I ask you a word in 7 letters?

Filou

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Filou,

My aged, feeble and now very tired brain does not comprehend this response.

Again, your topic title, in a similar vein to your "you dont know your sim" prompted my response.

Also, logic tells me that there are letters in words but not words in letters

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I have to agree. While the screen shot is nice, I'm starting to get a little miffed about the post titles. Time for me to avail myself of the Ignore User function, I almost did so from his other ill-titled post.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Filou,

I have to add that I do, in fact, enjoy your screenies and have done so for a while now.

My ONLY problem is with your topic titles and I am still a little miffed with being told that I do not know my sim. I would urge you to select them with a little more care and in doing so, I do appreciate that english is NOT your first language.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

I do a lot of shots with the same angle of view and the same plane in this forum.Hence my question "Boring point of view,isn't it?" But like kids in front of a puddle you allow me to filter the people who follow me and answer me virtually.

Filou,

Nazethc has mentioned the word 'obnoxious' I am now firmly convinced that he too, is "correct"

Having said this, you will now take pride of place in being the first poster in my roughly 10 year AVSIM history to invoke my use of the Ignore user function if I can only find it

I believe I could give you a lot of further advice or opinions but with your recent history, you are never going to listen or take heed. Mind you, this could be justified because you are obviously the only person on this site who knows his sim

Cheerio

Tony  

• Upvote 2

Tony Chilcott.

And here we ago again, bashing someone for posting screenshots (in a screenshot forum) Now heres the thing, you can see the title and name of the original poster before you open the post. So to come in and comment on the post you must have made a conscious decision not to ignore it. Odd given your obvious dislike for Filou and his images

• Upvote 2

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

James,

I am going to assume that you refer to me.  A strange comment given that I have repeatedly told Filou that I like his images.

I have not seen anybody bash him, or any one else for that matter, for posting screenshots on this screenshots forum. I only question his choice of title and I don't think I am bashing him by doing that.

However, I think you have to admit in his last couple of posts, he has displayed an attitude that indicates that he is single minded and perhaps a little stubborn.

I most certainly hope he continues with his screen shots. They really are very good. I would just like him to thiink about his titles whilst he is doing it, and if somebody makes an adverse comment, maybe he could even take note without going on the offensive. We must also bear in mind that English is not his first language and that maybe he is misinterpreting the intent of the responses he is getting. Also bear in mind that a very big majority of the responses are good.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

I personally do not find any problem with the title, I think there has been a little overanalysis on that part.

I haven't ventured around the screenshots forum a lot, so I am not sure what beef there is between Filou and you Tony..but from what I read here...I can't see how the title here suggests the OP is "obnoxious". Sure it may be a slightly sarcastic/rhetorical question to poke at what many think is a mundane view from the pilot's perspective.

5 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

you will now take pride of place in being the first poster in my roughly 10 year AVSIM history to invoke my use of the Ignore user function if I can only find it

On the other hand, publicly announcing that you're ignoring a user seems more obnoxious to me?

If you don't like the user's post, it's more effective to ignore it yourself than go through the effort to find the ignore button, just my 2 cents.

peter_13.png

tramkp888.

You raise a fair point regarding ignoring a user. However,I do not know if there is a "beef" between Filou and myself. 

Please remember that on this occasion, his topic title is "boring point of view, isn't it"  I simply agreed with the OP and managed to draw his vitriol.

Again, the only problem I have is with his topic titles and his reaction to any, repeat any, adverse comment regardless of the inocuous content.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 2

Tony Chilcott.

I don't have XP11 - that screenshot looks impressive, showing off what XP11 has to offer. If you thought it was boring,  Filou, then why post it? Perhaps you wanted the opinions of other AVSIM members? If so, then you have certainly received some opinions about the image.:cool:

Perhaps the post title was "click-bait", worded in such a way as to make people curious so that they would at least view the post? I guess we can all be guilty of that sometimes.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)