Sign in to follow this  
jasonstory44

Dynamic lighting question

Been away from Prepar3D for a bit. Updating and fine tuning my setup. 

Gonna try finally giving up on dynamic lighting in effort to improve my VR experience. 

Question is, can I just globally disable it in settings?  Or do I also need to individually disable it in each scenery configurator that I had set it to on additionally?

Thanks for any insight or suggestions

Cheers, Jason

You can Globally disable it in the "Lighting" section of the P3D Settings. It's labeled as such, "Dynamic Lighting" be advised that this may affect lighting on your aircraft (i.e. no taxi/rwy lights on certain models like FSLa320, PMDG 777/737, etc.)

Hope this helps.

Best,

Problem with it is for example if you use the fsl 320 or the pmdg 747 and 777 youll need it on to taxi around in the dark at some places,  I did Limc to licj to Limc last week and unless you got dynamic lighting on your buggered.  You can't see where you're going.. 

If you put it on and you don't have a good  gfx card you're also buggered because you frames will drop and you'll stutter. 

Add into the mix flying into large airports like EGLL,  klax,  ksfo with it on in the fsl or a pmdg bird, guess what your also  buggered. 

Rest assured though LM are working flat out to fix it.   

It's as if its a sales pitch 'we've got dynamic lighting'. But In reality it doesn't work well at all.  

Kind of like the camels and elephants on the fsx back of box case.

14ppkc-6.png

In my experience, dynamic lighting has minimal performance impact as long as you only use MSAA and not SSAA.  No need to disable it in my opinion.

Alan