Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Flightbeam KIAD issues

I recently picked up Flightbeams KIAD for FSX and Im seeing some issues with autogen around the perimeter of the airport. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. basically outside of the scenery perimeter which is  a roadway, the autogen is blanked or suppressed. Dont have this issue without the scenery installed. Flighbeam says its a known issue but I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing that with the scenery. Im using FTX Global and open LC NA. Particularly I see a hole in the NE quadrant which is about a mile wide and long and one up near the NW corner which is a bit smaller.

Nope. here is a screenshot of what Im seeing.....you will also notice that their tree colors do not get close to matching Orbx fall ones. Other seasons are fine.

pKy986K.jpg

There is a setting in the Flightbeam Manager that will let you set the season. Try the fall setting and see if it's a closer match. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Oops... :ohmy:

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, Hornit said:

Haha..that IS with the fall setting with the manager!

Did you go over to the FB forum and ask?  I've found Mir to be extremely helpful and responsive.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I did Blue. Mir said there would be no fix and they know about it. I have seen others with like problems with some of their other sceneries and the general conclusion from folks who know how to do scenery is that one or another of their bgls causes it. It is definitely the scenery causing it, repeatable and verified by removing and reinstalling scenery. I also noted the mismatch of tree colors using FTX for fall and to some extent other seasons and was told they develop their sceneries for default fsx. I find that kind of humorous since there probably are not many of us who run stock fsx textures and buy add ons such as this. My post was then “politely” locked. 😏

I just checked it. I would have never noticed the color mismatch. I just recently installed the update, and well... I chose season appropriate. 

It looks like they put the underlying photoreal scenery and either forgot to place the autogen on top of it, or they ran out of time. 

For the record, I HATE this airport. Nothing to do with Flightbeam or FSX. Dulles is just a lousy excuse of an airport in real life. It's a shame some folks died building it. Wasn't worth it. I just wish Flightbeam (or any other shop) would put out a version of Baltimore-Washington (KBWI) that was as nice as Flightbeam KIAD or T2G KMCO. I've asked a few developers to do it, and they all have all been saying that someone is already working on it. Here's hoping. 

204765BC3F0BFAFF6F1F46F4EBC0E867CED34922

I really believe its something else on the airport...a bgl..causing the removal of autogen. I tried many combos of off/on and the only one which was consistently showing this bug was with the scenery active. if you remove it from the list, or just deactivate it, the autogen retuns. Others are reporting this with their DEN airport in a few spots as well. I think they did a good job..but are missing the mark just a bit with the tree blending and this issue.

The autogen in that particular location is flattened only in FSX, and yes it's caused by the airport (I never said otherwise). As mentioned, autogen flattening occurs in FSX with the use of custom ground polygons, which is used at KIAD. 

Your original post: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2853

It's a complex bug but that was never resolved in FSX with the dissolution of the Microsoft ACES development team. There's no mystery, we know what BGLs cause it. If you want to get rid of it, you'll have no ground at KIAD.

In P3D however that bug does not exist and shows autogen just fine, and about twice the performance. 

In regards to tree blending.. once again.. we aim to blend the airport with default textures, because the vast majority of customers believe it or not use default vs FTX Global. As I explained in our support forum, There are over a dozen other tree addons that change the colors of trees in the sim. It's extremely counter productive for us to spend so much time creating blending packages for each customer. The default colors not only blend better with default, but they also match the actual airport tree color scheme since they are *actual* pictures of trees from the airport.