Sign in to follow this  
hjwalter

FlightSimManager "stops working".

Hi all,

My FlightSimManager (Ranainside), which I've been using for many years, is suddenly stopping directly after startup with the following messgages:

FlightSimManagerBot has stopped working.

StackHash_4147

Application version 2.8.0.0

The system date workaround scrypt seems to be working correctly but as soon as FlightSimManager itself starts up ........ bang !!

A following "User advisory" then says:

All required components are not registered

Trying to register ...............Even after about 30 minutes nothing seems to be happening.

My machine which is totally dedicated to FS9, has never been connected to the internet and my Win7 64 bit is still the original as installed from the DVD about 6 years ago. However, I have lately downloaded and installed some new airport sceneries, (AI) aircraft, paints and such like but cannot mentally connect any of these to the FSM stops because these all installed normally via standard procedures. Furthermore, my huge FS9 still seems to be running normally on all fronts, as do all it's supporting and maintenance programs.

In the meantime I've uninstalled the complete FSM program via the Win7 uninstall procedure, have removed any remnants, have downloaded (on another machine) the original FSM program, together with it's system date workaround scrypt and have (re-)installed both in my FS9 machine as prescribed. I've also tried an old backup version. No difference what-so-ever.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Regards

Hans

This is only a very long shot as you say that your PC was not connected to the Internet until you recently downloaded some new stuff. Presumably, therefore, your Win7 PC has not been receiving Windows Updates. Have you checked to see if any updates were installed while you were online for the downloading period.

The reason I ask is that some Win7 updates over the past year or so have rendered some older/legacy programs useless. I don't allow Windows to automatically install updates but, for example, my older video editing program was affected by at least 9 different Win 7 updates over time which I then had to remove in order to get it working again.

Btrjet,

Thanks for your reply but my downloads have always been done via a separate machine, checked for viruses etc, and then transported to my FS9 machine via an FSB stick.

I thought I had found the problem because a file named "FSConnect.dll" was strangely enough, found to be missing in my FS9 modules folder but after copying/pasting a backup copy to that folder ...... still no difference, nor has anything changed after copying/pasting the complete modules.folder from the same old backup. However, FSM does not seem to need such a connection file because according to it's basic functions, it should access FS9 files directly.

I've Googled "StackHash_4147" a number of times but was not able to find anything specific, only that it seems to be a Windows error message and I'm definitely not a Windows expert.

Thanks again for your reaction which contains some very plausable aspects but in my case, these are not possible.

Regards

Hans