Sign in to follow this  
Holdit

Considering a move to the Dark Side...

I find airline flying much more immersive in XP-11. Flying with Zibo’s 738 mod beats the PMDG NG for me. Also because the VC looks a lot better and the flight dynamics. We have better push back, many free ware airports have active jetways and there’s ground service and WT3. The FF A320, and 757 are also great. The way planes move in the air looks less sim like in XP than in the FSX based sims. I spend mostly money on airplanes and that’s not often. Most great scenery is free and of good quality and performance. I do enjoy Aerosoft’s EDDF and would buy any future release of that quality. I fly XP-11 99.9 % of my simtime. 

Guest Mik75

The dark side? ;-) For me personally, XP11 is the bright side! And you should give it a try! For the cost of a high end addon, you get the base sim. And without any further cost, you can make it epic! (MisterX airports, Ortho4XP scenery, ZIBO mod B738). You definitely should give it a try! i And, if you like GA flying, the stock C172 with XP11‘s G1000 is better than any comparable Carxxxx release for ESP sims! ;-) Come, and join the bright side. May the force be with you! ;-)

4 hours ago, Mik75 said:

The dark side? ;-) For me personally, XP11 is the bright side!

Heh, heh, no I'm not anti-XP or anti-progress (@Rob :smile:), I saw someone jokingly refer to it that way once and it tickled my funny bone.

I considered all the inputs (for which, much thanks to everyone) and I worked out that the cost of P3D v4, AS16 and Chaseplane (which I would see as essentials) are covered nicely by my available funds, so that's what I'm going with for now. I'll pick up X-Plane later in the year along with new SSD. I wasn't planning to make this change for at least another year, but sometimes you just have to go with it. I installed P£D V4 last night, I'll pick up the others and installed them today.

P3D will have to coexist with FSX on the same 500GB SSD for now. I'll be keeping FSX going for those aircraft that aren't P3D v4 compatible, like the Sibwings AN-2, Digital Aviation Cheyenne, and all of my too-many airliners, which I haven't flown enough in FSX to justify repurchasing. As I get more out of each I'll make a decision on moving them to P3D. I'll almost certainly be repurchasing the PMDG NGX and Majestic Q400, but there's no rush. Both work fine in FSX:SE.

I have a simple plan to minimise additional disk space usage: 1) Any aircraft that is P3DV4 compatible, I'll delete from FSX, and 2) I'll split my Orbx regions between the two sims. FSX will get UK, Ireland and Europe, P3D will get PNW, Alaska etc. I reckon that should keep me going for a while.

Later this year I'll pick up another SSD and I'll get X-Plane too. I think it has a lot to offer,

Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions, opinions and advice.