Sign in to follow this  
Mikenor

Mic not working, also unable to exit P3D

Purchased Fs2Crew 64 bit and running into all kinds of issues. first one is mic is not working - not an issue with my headset mic (Logitech H540) as it works well in Vatsim. When I speak no green text bar shows which would confirm it is hearing me. I have the mic set to the proper default as well.

Second issue is since I've installed it I can't exit P3D - X out and it just hangs... Eventually have to go to task manager and exit that way. 

I've uninstalled and re-installed it twice but get same 2 issues. I've used Fs2Crew in the past and never had any issues so this is new to me...

Please let me know - thanks

Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

As an adder to this - also have Fs2Crew for PMDG's 747 in P3D V4 - installing the Majestic has extended the mic problem now to the 747 as well which is no longer working. I did uninstall the Majestic Fs2Crew and can't exit out of P3D properly. Not sure what is going on here...

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Hi Mike,

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

Does that help?  Check for any audio programs that may have come with your motherboard.

Hi Brian - thanks for the reply.

I ended up uninstalling it again last night but this time deleted all folders as well. I also was running into Visual c++ 2015 setup failures when trying to install your product (stateds another version installed) and uninstalled it as well hoping it would then re-install through your install procedure. I then re-installed FS2Crew for the Majestic this morning and for a reason I cannot understand all is well now. Voice is working and am able to x out of P3D without it hanging. The one strange thing is Visual c++ 2015 still fails to install stating a version is already installed, yet I had removed the 2015 version yesterday. Not sure if that has anything to do with my problems. I do have Visual c++ 2017 installed...

I'll report back if I encounter any more problems - thanks again for your help!

Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada