Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

All right you Moo Two Drivers....

12 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Scott,

Honestly - I haven't tested it in all flight regimens - nice to know it improves things...

Hah - yeah - been there too... One of the first flights I took my wife up for while dating - we left on an autumn day with a few light bumps - these were LIGHT bumps - I could tell something was up because she stopped talking - at first I thought she had a headset problem - I kept asking if she was OK and all I got were head nods - obviously something was wrong - so before we made it 10 miles from the airport I turned around and headed back for a landing - I kept asking her if she was OK - she kept nodding in the affirmative... We got back to the hangar - shutdown and removed the headsets - and - again I'm like are you OK - she nodded yet again - then opened her jacket with a sheepish look - ouch - she sacrificed herself to save the plane - LOL - I knew right then she was a keeper... We've fought motion sickness ever since - I now carry trash bags in my flight bag - she still gets in and is a real trooper - I call her "10 mile Jackie" which usually results with a well deserved solid punch in my arm...

Regards,
Scott     

She is a trooper for sure, and a keeper. OK, I've got one for you.

This story has not been improved upon in any way. These are the facts:

It was a cold, windy night (and I mean it was WINDY!: 20G35), and I had to fly up to KTUL from KPWA for my night cross country (my CFI was a bit of a sadist), and he had just canceled an intro flight with a young man who was disappointed he couldn't take their C150. So, I said that young man could ride along, but I warned him it was going to be a terrible flight. It was such a bad night that when I went out to preflight the plane (an old 172 I used to part own), a Falcon 900 pilot asked me what the hell I thought I was doing. "Going to Tulsa, I said."

Anyway, I run back inside to hit the john and file my flight plan (we did it over the phone back in those days, remember?), and I saw him buy two Snickers bars. I said that it really wasn't a great idea to eat those if he was coming with us, but he said he had a cast-iron stomach. "OK," I said, and we loaded up. Needless to say, it was the worst flight I'd ever been on. The turbulence was ridiculous, it was probably more than severe in some stretched, and we had a 50 mph cross "breeze" the whole way up there, right out of the northwest with tumble down sheer. That kid just hung in there solid. I was impressed. That was until we were just over the skyscrapers in downtown Tulsa.

Then.... the sound.....

Yup, the kid was making the puke noises, and the headset was picking it up. The sound was bad enough, but then the smell hit, and I almost lost it myself. So, I slow down, drop some flaps, and we opened the windows (in the middle of January). Oh, it was awful. The windsheer was terrible on approach, it was pitch black, and I could smell puke the whole time. Rough night. 

The worst part was the kid really had nothing to puke into, so he found an empty case of oil in the baggage area (but those cases have a hole in the bottom). Needless to say, he was a mess, the backseat and carpet was a mess, and I was not cleaning that up. So, the FBO got the kid some cleaning supplies and he went at it. 

He didn't have any more snicker's bars on the way home, and I would bet that if he had anyone he could stay with in Tulsa, he wouldn't have come back with us, because we turned right around and headed back into all that.

I've got more of those, but that was the worst for sure!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Scott,

Honestly - I haven't tested it in all flight regimens - nice to know it improves things...

Hah - yeah - been there too... One of the first flights I took my wife up for while dating - we left on an autumn day with a few light bumps - these were LIGHT bumps - I could tell something was up because she stopped talking - at first I thought she had a headset problem - I kept asking if she was OK and all I got were head nods - obviously something was wrong - so before we made it 10 miles from the airport I turned around and headed back for a landing - I kept asking her if she was OK - she kept nodding in the affirmative... We got back to the hangar - shutdown and removed the headsets - and - again I'm like are you OK - she nodded yet again - then opened her jacket with a sheepish look - ouch - she sacrificed herself to save the plane - LOL - I knew right then she was a keeper... We've fought motion sickness ever since - I now carry trash bags in my flight bag - she still gets in and is a real trooper - I call her "10 mile Jackie" which usually results with a well deserved solid punch in my arm...

Regards,
Scott     

Great story -- a keeper for sure!

Al

• Upvote 1

Hi Scott,

Yeah - great story - once that smell gets into things - every hot day for decades you'll be catching a wiff of it again... Our dog got sick in my Dad's truck once when we were kids - that truck was never the same...

Hi Al,

Thanks - yeah - we get along pretty good...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 1/21/2018 at 4:24 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

OK - had the Moo Two for a while gathering dust - perhaps I never gave it a fair shake - so I grabbed the latest version and loaded it up in v4... I think part of my initial dislike - is everything in the VC seems congruous - all done to a certain level of quality - and perfectly acceptable to me - then there's that glaring little inoperative switch panel under the "No Yoke" flag that doesn't belong  - looks like someone taped a screenshot on the panel - every time I look around it catches my attention and I shake my head - it doesn't fit...

"No Yoke" tags need to be small and subtle - please look at Carenado or MilViz for an example...

OK - that aside the FDE was a bit sensitive in pitch - like standing on the end of a 12 foot long diving board - if was like that in real life you'd better have plenty of airsick bags - people would get sick - seriously... Found some numbers I like now - better - seems more plausible... I think I like the way it flies now...

[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar=1.0
parasite_drag_scalar=1.4
induced_drag_scalar=1.4
elevator_effectiveness=0.6 
//ORG// elevator_effectiveness=0.5 
aileron_effectiveness=0.5
rudder_effectiveness=1.0
pitch_stability=1.8
//ORG// pitch_stability=0.8 
roll_stability=0.8
yaw_stability=1.0 
elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0
aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0 
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0 

So - now that brings me to the "Altitude Selector" - LOL - I tried - really - how do you set it ??? I keep scrolling through the numbers and as I'm turning the knob - they reset to zero by themselves - - - "automagically" ???

Going to the config screen - I can't seem to set the chocks - the engine plugs - or the windscreen cover - they splash visible for a second - then vanish... Looks like the same type of screens used on the Lear but those work...

Granted - I haven't downloaded and read the manual yet - so I most certainly could be doing something wrong... Here's hoping that we have G1000 keys for the controls listed in there as well...

As far as skins - someone needs to introduce shading to this model (gulp) - and the white is blindingly harsh with HDR and ENVSHADE...

As long as I'm on a roll - if we could get landing lights more like this it would be GREAT... This is from the RA Duke ? Well - perhaps these are too bright - should light maybe a third of that runway with just a little less intensity to be realistic... Hopefully the Falcon will do away with the 3D light bloom in daylight as well - valiant effort but it doesn't work...

Pg_13_b.jpg

Anyway - just some thoughts, questions, and feedback - I know this plane has a following like the Lear...

I can see it has potential here - lol - help me like it...

Thanks for any help...

Regards,
Scott

Hey Scott, I just purchased this airplane and flew it one time and the pitch was absolutely horrible.  I went into FSUIPC and adjusted the slope on the elevator in order to control the airplane.  I just ran into your post and tried the modification you gave and it's nearly perfect.  Thanks for the help, it made a huge difference.

Rodger

• Upvote 1