Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Traffic Addons For P3D

I havent used a traffic addon for about two years, but I'm missing it now.

Which AI Traffic addon are YOU using with P3D, and are you happy with it?

Many are very happy with Ultimate Traffic Live, I’m personally waiting for Just Flight’s Traffic Global to make a comparison before I buy.

• Upvote 2

I use a custom AI setup which does take time to build but the results are far superior to anything available to purchase. A good base these days is to use the free ORBX AU AI pack for v4 and build it from that using the readily available paints and plans from the guys at Alpha India Group. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Guest JustanotherPilot

I use the freeware ORBX traffic for Australia, which has airline and GA aircraft, supplemented by World of Ai for other Continents I fly the 747 and 777 into.  Watching with interest, the JustFlight  Traffic Program currently under development.

I had MyTraffic6 Professional. Planes were a bit ugly, but works out of the box.

I transferred to UTLive. Better frames and better planes. You can customize quite a bit, but it is a learning curve and potential time investment.

Interested to see what the new traffic program from JF will be like.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I use MyTrafficPro but was frustrated by so many gates being occupied by Ai that weren't due to depart for many hours.

The author of RemoveAiSleepers  - Lorby - recommended his program which I am now using and I'm very pleased with the results. Any aircraft that doesn't depart within 90 mins (configurable) is deleted. This means you can increase the Ai % and the aircraft that are generated will actually do something instead of just occupying a gate.

The schedule is okay, not great and the visual models are acceptable. I'd rather fly than spend hours building a schedule and finding Ai to do it all myself.

Be aware that RemoveAISleepers can't be used with UTLive because of the way the Ai are injected into the sim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Using a few woai models which work in P3Dv4 and the psxsecon life traffic injection tool. I was happy with it in V3 but the lack of models working in v4 let’s me make a switch in near future to UTL or the JF program, the when depends on when JF releases it for comparison. Another reason for the switch is that the injection tool got a too high subscription now (currently I still have the old 10$ sub) 

UTL.  Happy with it, but I also like to download latest models and paints from various sources since UTL is still using older repaints and has none of the newer planes like the 737 MAX.  It's very user-friendly, and the developer plans a Power Pack for additional functionality and to provide latest liveries.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

5 hours ago, SKEWR said:

You can customize quite a bit, but it is a learning curve and potential time investment.

I'd like to emphasize that 'can' because it is optional! :happy: I use UTL and I am very happy with it. I installed it, only started the UTL program itself ONCE to set AI to 75% (which you also can change on the fly btw) and that was it. (Well, I also set P3D AI to zero.) Everything else is at default and I have been enjoying traffic all around me ever since. Couldn't be more pleased with it. Extremely good performance too on my PC (as in: didn't notice ANY difference in performance). (I only tried one other AI addon in the past, MT6, and it brought fps to its knees... but that was on an older computer and with FSX.)

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I have see the other long thread, which is why I kept my questions very specific;-)

6 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I use a custom AI setup which does take time to build but the results are far superior to anything available to purchase. A good base these days is to use the free ORBX AU AI pack for v4 and build it from that using the readily available paints and plans from the guys at Alpha India Group. 

+1

Ut2 with updated liveries and schedules.  I feel theres not enough topics on ai traffic,  we only have about 3 a day.  Can we go back to wingflex topics again

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, J van E said:

I'd like to emphasize that 'can' because it is optional! :happy: I use UTL and I am very happy with it. I installed it, only started the UTL program itself ONCE to set AI to 75% (which you also can change on the fly btw) and that was it. (Well, I also set P3D AI to zero.) Everything else is at default and I have been enjoying traffic all around me ever since. Couldn't be more pleased with it. Extremely good performance too on my PC (as in: didn't notice ANY difference in performance). (I only tried one other AI addon in the past, MT6, and it brought fps to its knees... but that was on an older computer and with FSX.)

A big plus one.  I'm a firm believer in set it and forget it.  UTL is great.

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

UT Live is a great solution for quickly polulating the skies and airports. Great performance, easy to set up and some handy on the fly functions.

It has to be said though that it does lack variety, some of the models are terrible and the repaints are varied in quality and accuracy. It is also way too difficult to add aircraft, paints and schedules to the package.

I'm also keen to see how dedicated and often Flight1 will bring updates.

The new package from Just Flight looks promising though, and if it works as good as it looks in the previews I'll be uninstalling UT Live as I have to use a lot of additional freeware AI to get good representation on many airports as of now.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

42 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

It is also way too difficult to add aircraft, paints and schedules to the package.

Hmm, I wonder which AI Traffic programm (freeware or payware) is more easy than UT regarding adding new aircraft and repaints? Only thing still preventing me from switching to UTLive from UT2 is the missing powerpack, so adding schedules is not possible for now...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS