Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Traffic Addons For P3D

7 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

A big plus one.  I'm a firm believer in set it and forget it.  UTL is great.

Set and forget is awesome, but you will miss out on a TON of traffic that UTL already has in it that doesn't have repaints assigned to it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

10 years ago I used to have (with FSX) a custom set of traffic bgl's and models like Dave has.  I was constantly messing with it, instead of flying. It was nice, and darn near perfect, within the limitations of the traffic.bgl SDK.

However, this time around (with P3D) I decided to go with Ultimate Traffic Live, because I want to fly and not spend time configuring.  That is what I got. I'm happy.  The injected traffic has very little fps impact.  I have not gotten to the point of adding any liveries/models to it, but I am the type that would do that.  If it is too difficult to do that, i will get my old Fedex traffic bgl, and use it...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

For those of us that do enjoy custom AI programming, the folks over at Virtual Boston ARTCC are set to release a huge freeware AI model pack. Looks to be the best offering in recent time - http://forums.bvartcc.com/index.php?topic=14258.0

• Upvote 2

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I've used MyTraffic for years, went briefly to Traffic 360 which wasn't bad but MyTraffic does a very nice job of filling airports with varied traffic. I do wish it were updated completely instead of porting over from previous versions which is why I'm also interested in JustFlight's traffic AI program in development.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Good call Steve and for the first time this new freeware pack won't be pirated at all, it's fully legit.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

13 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

For those of us that do enjoy custom AI programming, the folks over at Virtual Boston ARTCC are set to release a huge freeware AI model pack. Looks to be the best offering in recent time - http://forums.bvartcc.com/index.php?topic=14258.0

That is probably nice for beginners but 30+ models is not nearly enough.  After years of building AI with WOAI, AIG, FAIB etc I have well over 250 models and that is not including military.    

But this is great they are doing this.  If only someone could get permission from all the above mentioned devs to create a great freeware AI traffic program that could be the base for updating with AIG flightplans from season to season.  And yes one that is not pirated.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Which of the AI packs mentioned here are fully compatible with vPilot model matching - to fly on VATSIM?

6 minutes ago, tecto said:

Which of the AI packs mentioned here are fully compatible with vPilot model matching - to fly on VATSIM?

I don't know how many they have mentioned but these will work fine with vPilot:

• UTL
  • All AIG Schedules with their different AI freeware models.
  • Virtual Boston ARTCC AI package (which is a compilation of AIG models).
  • MT6

The important thing regardless of the AI package is to be sure vPilot matching rules are configured correctly and that all AI model have the correct ATC_TYPE and ATC_MODEL configured.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Many thanks to all the posters on this thread. Its been useful, despite the bah humbug complainer about the number of AI Traffic threads;-))))  Its been useful because, as always, there's more new and relevant information here;-))))

• Upvote 1