Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

Help needed for 11.10 and London...

I just updated to XP11.10, and was looking forward to the improved London landmarks (since the lack of city landmarks has been a big gripe of mine with the scenery).  Unfortunately, I had already added several freeware London sceneries, in bits and pieces, and the whole resulting jumble of sceneries was a bit of a mess, with lots of amateurish looking buildings, things floating in mid-air, etc..  I decided to go back to my scenery_packs file, and disable everything that looked like it could be a custom add-on.  Running 11.10 again, I saw that most of the weirdness had gone away, but there were no landmarks to speak of.  Obviously, in disabling third-party scenery, I must have also disabled part of 11.10's own improvements.

For helping me to debug my problem, could someone here please post a "stock" scenery_packs file for 11.10, so that I can see what should be getting loaded along with what shouldn't?  Thanks.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

This is my stock scenery.ini (recreated from scratch) : 

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAS Las Vegas Mc Carran/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Yes, the X-Plane Landmarks - London is Laminar's own. However, while they are beautiful structures, there is only 4 of them. So if you regularly fly over London, you still may want to use a third party pack. Also, if you don't mind the time and effort, I would educate myself in WED, so that the next time you see amateurish looking buildings, you can disable them. X-plane is a tweakers simulator (opposed to like Aerofly FS2), and it's worth learning a bit about it's inner workings, if you regularly fly.