Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

Airound X Program Crashing FSX Query

Hi there,

I have a problem at the moment, with the Airound X Program crashing, in FSX.

It happens when I select certain Airports in the Netherlands in FSX.

I have the NL2000 Version 4 Scenery package, When I select certain Airports, in Holland in particular Eindhoven Airport.

When I load Airound X, FSX crashes and shuts down, It took a while, but the problem appears to be an issue with the NL2000 Version Traffic, and nearby Volkel Airbase ICAO Code EHVK.

I know that because when I unselect it, from the Scenery Library and start at Eindhoven Airport, and I run Airound X, FSX no longer crashes. And when I unselect the NL2000 V4 Traffic from the scenery library in FSX, and reselect Volkel Airbase (EHVK) again, Airound X loads properly, therefore the problem is to do with these two parts of the NL2000 V4 Scenery/Traffic package.

I am actually using all FS2004 Traffic Files at the moment, as FSX can't use both FS2004 and FSX Traffic Files at the same time, as people well know. So the AI Traffic Files, are from the NL2000 Version 3 Special Edition, Scenery package for FS2004.

However I am very unsure what the problem could be ? Does anyone on this forum have any idea, what it could be ? It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction, any help and info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Eddie Winch 

Do you have the latest update - AIRound X v2.0.0.2232.  It provides added compatibility with some additional FSX add-ons.  I would suspect it is not fully compatible with Eindhoven and some of the other airports you mentioned.  I would go to the developer - Valery Stenin, and see if he has a solution for his product.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I think I must have the latest version of Airound X, as I downloaded the product, from the www.Simarket.com Website recently.

I am puzzled though, why disabling the NL2000 AI Traffic, from the Scenery Library, means nearby Volkel Airbase won't crash the Airound X Program ?

When I am at Eindhoven Airport, but when both are enabled in the Scenery Library, the Program crashes, when I am at Eindhoven Airport, and I think one or two others ? What could be the link between them that causes the crash ?

Do you have any ideas ?

Eddie

This is an old program (well, so is FSX).  Not sure when all of these other programs came around and whether they are fully compatible but there were a few updates for compatibility purposes so evidently some add-on scenery is not compatible.  So I'm looking at the features of the program:

Features

• utility works both in multiplayer and off-line free flight modes where user acts either as a pilot or tower controller;
  • continuous AI aircraft following all the way to its destination is available;
  • there are three special view modes for AI aircraft landings and take-offs;
  • in forward view eyepoint is tied to other player’s aircraft or AI object in front of it with ability to change look direction;
  • fly by view has adjustable parameters and random options;
  • for other players’ aircraft: tail number, airline, flight number (if any), engine, control surfaces, radio, position, orientation and speed parameters are available; for AI ones there also their states, departure and arrival airports and time, runway and parking places, next waypoint data will be shown;
  • utility small panels show other players’ aircraft or AI object positions relatively user aircraft assisting in formation flying, rescue missions, etc;
  • other player’s aircraft or AI object can be selected for observation using AI map or AI list;
  • AI map has set of scales and can be placed everywhere within 180nm zone around user  airplane;
  • you can customize objects appearance on the map by changing its mark colors, shapes, sizes, data tag content and font dimensions;
  • utility small panels are movable and all the panels are available in all FSX views;
  • utility works both in FSX windowed and full screen modes;
  • multi-monitor computer configuration is supported: utility panels can be moved to non-primary display.

So guessing it is looks at AFCAD's that include AI objects and maybe having difficulty reading the information?  Since I don't own the product, I'll just get out of the conversation now before I get into trouble.  I'm sure someone who has this utility will be able to help but it is an old utility that has not been updated for years and many of our members who used it have moved on to other things over the past 10 plus years.  It's like AVSIM has many 'necroposts' where users did up old topics and posts from way back when and the members who posted the topics/posts are long gone or the information is no longer applicable.  So you have to take that into consideration too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10