Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Parking and Docking charts for USA

Hi, Could anyone tell me where I might find airport parking and docking charts for the USA, most of the European chart sites include these along with airport charts but I can't seem to find any for the USA.Many thanks,Pete.

I don't think they really exist as such for the US - certainly not for major airports.At airports like KDFW the ATC tower turns over parking control, gate assignments, etc. to the airline at a dividing line.Yes the ATC knows where the airline wants to park the incoming aircraft so they can direct the pilots to the correct taxiway.The airline runs their own ramp area, and if they move things around - that is their business.AAL even has their own ramp control tower at KDFW.But I've never seen a parking chart for the US like the ones for some European airports.

For the US I search the Internet looking for the airport by name or ICAO code. Frequently you will find an airport authority site that gives traveler terminal maps showing the gate assignments by airline and perhaps cargo locations.Many downloaded AFCADS and airport scenery included AFCADS do have airline parking codes (FS9) so opening up these with AFCAD will show gate assignments.

The Jeppesen SIMCharts have parking locations for most airports on their CD for North America, Europe and Asia. I use them all the time. On the comment about ATC knowing where to park, that is not always accurate.Here at KDFW, I have listen to the tower often ask the pilots what gate they are going to. The AAL ramp control does control the movement of aircraft around terminal A, C and D.If you go to the airline web site you can usually find which gate a flight has been assigned to.BobKDFW

Many thanks for replies and information. The reason I asked the question was because I've just started using Radar Contact and am working my way through the tutorials but when I land at my destination I haven't a clue where to go to the assigned parking spot. What I have started doing now is to have a look at the relevant afcad, find the parking slot, zoom in a bit, do a screen capture and print it out, it works quite well but is a bit on the cumbersome side to say the least. Parking and docking charts as we have over on our side of the pond would be a lot easier!Regards,Pete.

I have the airport diagrams from SimPlates 2004 and or from www.naco.faa.gov. On those, since I'm simulating a specific airline from a few, I just mark those airport diagrams (stored with the approach charts) the area I require as determined by examining the AFCAD.When I open the AFCAD and click on the lists option/parking locations, I just locate the airline code and get the gate number. I then locate it on the screen and on the faa or simplate airport diagram printout I mark the general area (and gate number if you wish to put in the RC controller options so it will say taxi to gate xxx). Using AFCAD you might wish to make a dedicated gate for yourself by giving it an impossibly small radius so AI will not park there.