Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 coming soon!

4 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

Anyone tried the Flight1 version in P3Dv4? Why hasn't it been upgraded to P3D?

I installed it into P3D v4. It works great, apart from the KLN90B. Also you have to replace the soundgauge with Doug Dawson's 64 bit gauge.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Thanks Bert!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

6 hours ago, simmerhead said:

Anyone tried the Flight1 version in P3Dv4? Why hasn't it been upgraded to P3D?

Mine works just fine in P3Dv4, with the KLN disabled..

• Upvote 1

Bert

BBS offers a demo for their Islander, which is quite a nice thing to do. I quickly checked it out. The demo pauses P3D every two minutes and open a pop-up. The plane itself appears generally to be not that bad. Looks and sounds are OK with me. There is a nice aircraft manger included with some unusual features. Default GPS can be added as an option, but I found with the Flight 1 model that I can live without GPS for the typical routes of this aircraft. 

The only negative aspect that I could see on this short trip is the flight model, which is of course a big issue. The BBS Islander responds much more slowly than that of Flight 1 and is not in line with what I would expect for an aircraft of this size. I am not a real pilot, but I think its handling should be closer to a Cessna than to an Airbus. However, that is something they could probably fix in a future update. All in all, I am positively surprised.

• Upvote 1

Can anybody give me the file name and location which has to be substituted by the Doug Dawson's 64 bit gauge to get all the sounds working.

21 hours ago, Rimshot said:

I installed it into P3D v4. It works great, apart from the KLN90B. Also you have to replace the soundgauge with Doug Dawson's 64 bit gauge.

Bert, could you please enlighten me, too? For me the usual just exchange the file and put it renamed in the panel folder with .dll extension doesn't work for me.

Cheers and Thanks

Thorsten

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

Bert, could you please enlighten me, too? For me the usual just exchange the file and put it renamed in the panel folder with .dll extension doesn't work for me.

Cheers and Thanks

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

In my installation the file Virtavia_Sound.gau, which you have to replace with the 64 bit dll, is located in the gauges folder of Prepar3D, not in the panel folder of the Islander. I installed in my Prepar3D root directory.

Cheers, Bert

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Hi Thorsten,

In my installation the file Virtavia_Sound.gau, which you have to replace with the 64 bit dll, is located in the gauges folder of Prepar3D, not in the panel folder of the Islander. I installed in my Prepar3D root directory.

Hmmm... thx for the feedback but for me it doesn't bring back VC click sounds and the nerve itching whining electrical sound :( Stranded...

Cheers

Thorsten

Good to know the F1 version can be made to work, I’ll definitely give that a try.

Thanks Bert as always for figuring out how to shoehorn in the GTN.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

for me it doesn't bring back VC click sounds and the nerve itching whining electrical sound :( Stranded...

After my initial install I didn't do a very thorough check, only a quick CTRL-E take of. After further inspection it turns out I don't have these sounds as well... Whatever, I'll just except this beautiful addon isn't fully P3D v4 compatible.

Cheers, Bert

1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

After my initial install I didn't do a very thorough check, only a quick CTRL-E take of. After further inspection it turns out I don't have these sounds as well... Whatever, I'll just except this beautiful addon isn't fully P3D v4 compatible.

Yap... but as soon as the engines are one you don't hear anything else anymore anyway :D Perhaps there is a solution we don't see at the moment. Time will tell...

Cheers

Thorsten

On 1/23/2018 at 0:35 AM, 777200lrf said:

Hahahahahaha

Yeah, have to agree =(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

On 2/2/2018 at 8:36 AM, Torsen said:

Hmmm... thx for the feedback but for me it doesn't bring back VC click sounds 

Yep, same here. 

For those of you lucky enough to own the P3Dv4 update of the very excellent Aerosoft Catalina you can use their KLN90B GPS unit in the Flight1 Islander in place of the original KLN90A.

Edited by mallan157
typo
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, mallan157 said:

For those of you lucky enough to own the P3Dv4 update of the very excellent Aerosoft Catalina you can use their KLN90B GPS unit in the Flight1 Islander in place of the original KLN90A.

That's excellent.

The Islander does work with Bert's recommendation to use the GTN 650, but it would be cool if the original KLN90B GPS could be utilized. Did you get it to work and how?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.