Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 coming soon!

Steps taken were as follows:-

1. Find the Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Civ folder and the Flight One BN-2 Islander folders (both probably in /Prepar3D/SimObjects/Airplanes unless you've installed them as add-ons using the xml method).

2. Copy the AS_KLN90B.CAB gauge file from the 5A_Civ/Panel folder to the Islander/Panel folder.

3. In the Islander/Panel folder, make a backup copy of the original panel.cfg file just in case, then open the panel.cfg for editing (Notepad for example).

4. Find the [Window02] section (this is the gps pop-up) and delete or comment out the gauge00 and gauge01 lines which refer to the Flight1 kln90 gauge. Change the section to the following:-

[Window02]
// copied from Aerosoft PBY Catalina 5A Civ panel.cfg 
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=500,160
windowsize_ratio=1.0
position=8
visible=0
ident=30
// ident=13456 was the Catalina value

gauge00=AS_KLN90B!KLN90B,  0,0,500,160

5. Find the [Vcockpit01] section just below and change the gauge00 definition as follows:-

gauge00=AS_KLN90B!KLN90B,  500,1,370, 115
// 2,3,508,162 were the Catalina sizing parameters
// gauge00=Flight1_BN2_kln90a!GPS,  500,1,380

The sizing parameters are relative to the size_mm definition in the section header. I found the ones above by trial and error but they seem OK to me. Of the 4 numbers, the first two are position (best not to change) and the last two are x and y sizes.

6. Save the panel.cfg file. That's it!

As in the Catalina, the KLN90B can only be operated from the 2D pop-up. The gps click spots in the Islander VC relate to the Flight1 gauge and have no effect, but its good to have a realistic gps display in the cockpit again. Seems to work reasonably well, though some split screen views seem problematic. Its fine with both halves set to a CDI view.

• Like 1

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, mallan157 said:

Steps taken were as follows:-

1. Find the Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Civ folder and the Flight One BN-2 Islander folders (both probably in /Prepar3D/SimObjects/Airplanes unless you've installed them as add-ons using the xml method).

2. Copy the AS_KLN90B.CAB gauge file from the 5A_Civ/Panel folder to the Islander/Panel folder.

3. In the Islander/Panel folder, make a backup copy of the original panel.cfg file just in case, then open the panel.cfg for editing (Notepad for example).

4. Find the [Window02] section (this is the gps pop-up) and delete or comment out the gauge00 and gauge01 lines which refer to the Flight1 kln90 gauge. Change the section to the following:-

[Window02]
// copied from Aerosoft PBY Catalina 5A Civ panel.cfg 
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=500,160
windowsize_ratio=1.0
position=8
visible=0
ident=30
// ident=13456 was the Catalina value

gauge00=AS_KLN90B!KLN90B,  0,0,500,160

5. Find the [Vcockpit01] section just below and change the gauge00 definition as follows:-

gauge00=AS_KLN90B!KLN90B,  500,1,370, 115
// 2,3,508,162 were the Catalina sizing parameters
// gauge00=Flight1_BN2_kln90a!GPS,  500,1,380

The sizing parameters are relative to the size_mm definition in the section header. I found the ones above by trial and error but they seem OK to me. Of the 4 numbers, the first two are position (best not to change) and the last two are x and y sizes.

6. Save the panel.cfg file. That's it!

As in the Catalina, the KLN90B can only be operated from the 2D pop-up. The gps click spots in the Islander VC relate to the Flight1 gauge and have no effect, but its good to have a realistic gps display in the cockpit again. Seems to work reasonably well, though some split screen views seem problematic. Its fine with both halves set to a CDI view.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Has anyone got the F1 BN-2 cockpit sounds working in P3d v4? I think I found a temp fix.

• Upvote 1

Hi DJJose,

Are you willing to share the fix for the F1 BN-2 cockpit sounds, I for sure would really appreciate this.

3 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Hi DJJose,

Are you willing to share the fix for the F1 BN-2 cockpit sounds, I for sure would really appreciate this.

Absolutely! Yesterday, I sent the files to Bert for testing, he added his magic touch, and so far so good.

You will need either the GTN650 or the Catalina KLN90B gauge. Both panels will be available.

I realized that Bert's panel.cfg modification alone was not sufficient in my case for getting the GTN650 into the F1 BN-2. I had to run once the F1 GTN Configurator, otherwise clicking on the GTN in the VC did not open the 2D Model of the GTN, but only a small "X". Just if you also get troubles after modifying only the panel.cfg...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

OK my friends we are in business.

Cockpit sounds ok.

AS_KLN90B!KLN90B GPS works.

PM me for files.

TotunE0.jpg

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I realized that Bert's panel.cfg modification alone was not sufficient in my case for getting the GTN650 into the F1 BN-2. I had to run once the F1 GTN Configurator, otherwise clicking on the GTN in the VC did not open the 2D Model of the GTN, but only a small "X". Just if you also get troubles after modifying only the panel.cfg...

I always run the F1 config to ensure the pop up is in the right location. Thanks for the reminder.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:41 AM, Nuno Pinto said:

Yeah, have to agree =(

Agree on what? That you criticize every other developer out there but never have  anything positive to provide the community?  (I agree) 

You're wrong.

Positive to provide to the community:

- PMDG develops expensive but reliable addons. They behave as expected when flying manually or in auto modes. The performance numbers are as correct as they can be in the simulator.

- FSL develops expensive but reliable addons. They also behave as expected when flying either manually or in auto modes. Performance numbers are on pair with real models. You get what you paid for.

- Majestic rinse and repeat. Reliable DASH-8 model that behaves as expected when asked to do whatever operation in manual or auto flight modes. Expensive, but you get what you paid for.

- TFDi another fine example of a great developer. The model had a few issues at first, but it's now closely approaching what resembles a B717 in a simulator environment. Not that cheap, but you also get what you paid for.

Who am i to know what's reliable and what isn't? Someone with 19000 hours of flight simulation experience and a lot of contact with people whose job is to fly the metal versions of these things. Enough to distinguish between a simulated aircraft and a flying rock.

If you want to fly flying rocks such as the ones provided by BlackBox or Aerosoft, be my guest. You get what you paid for. If you don't want to read my opinions which aren't that frequent anyway, just add me to your ignore list.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

Here's the link on how to get the cockpit sounds to work in the F1 Islander:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic60395_post384147.html#384147

Hi, thanks for providing this info.  I just tried what is in the link, unfortunately the dll is throwing an error for several missing sound files when trying to load the aircraft in P3Dv4:

Error Encountered

The system cannot find the path specified.

Full Error Code 0x3

Location 5

File .\Sound\DeadPixl\SND14.wav

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks! Robert

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

35 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Hi, thanks for providing this info.  I just tried what is in the link, unfortunately the dll is throwing an error for several missing sound files when trying to load the aircraft in P3Dv4:

Error Encountered

The system cannot find the path specified.

Full Error Code 0x3

Location 5

File .\Sound\DeadPixl\SND14.wav

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks! Robert

If you look in your Prepar3DV4\Sound folder, do you have a DeadPixl folder, and in it a SND14.wav file?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hello Bert!  Always a pleasure to collaborate with you.  I checked for the DeadPixl folder in the location you referenced and it is not there.

Thanks,

Robert

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

Hey Bert,

Disregard my last post.  I found it in my FSX folder and copied it over and now I am all good.  Thanks for the bone!!!!