Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 coming soon!

35 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Hey Bert,

Disregard my last post.  I found it in my FSX folder and copied it over and now I am all good.  Thanks for the bone!!!!

Glad you rectified the issue.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Although I have the sound fixed.  I've come across another issue with the F1 BN2 in P3Dv4 and I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else is seeing it.  When I start a scenario with BN2, I can never get the engines started.  I go by the check list and the engines never fire up.  If I do a file Reset, my default plane will come and I change back to the F1 BN2 and the engines will then start.  I wonder if it could be something with my default aircraft having a Cold & Dark setting the the F1 doesn't?

Any help on this one is also appreciated..  I'll create a new thread if necessary.

Thanks,

Robert

Edit:  Ctrl-E works, but I don't want to start engines in that manner.   I have also changed my default aircraft, but that didn't make any difference either.

Edited by SmokeDiddy

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Although I have the sound fixed.  I've come across another issue with the F1 BN2 in P3Dv4 and I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else is seeing it.  When I start a scenario with BN2, I can never get the engines started. 

Fuel in the tanks?  

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg

6 minutes ago, fsafranek said:

Fuel in the tanks?  

Yep, 100% both tanks and both selectors open.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

Mine starts fine, with or without Fuel Pumps on.

Mixture full rich?

Bert

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Although I have the sound fixed.  I've come across another issue with the F1 BN2 in P3Dv4 and I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else is seeing it.  When I start a scenario with BN2, I can never get the engines started.  I go by the check list and the engines never fire up.  If I do a file Reset, my default plane will come and I change back to the F1 BN2 and the engines will then start.  I wonder if it could be something with my default aircraft having a Cold & Dark setting the the F1 doesn't?

Any help on this one is also appreciated..  I'll create a new thread if necessary.

Thanks,

Robert

Edit:  Ctrl-E works, but I don't want to start engines in that manner.   I have also changed my default aircraft, but that didn't make any difference either.

I don't understand. Did you save a flight as cold & dark B2, then loaded the flight, and tried following the starting the engine procedure checklist?

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Mine starts fine, with or without Fuel Pumps on.

Mixture full rich?

Yes, I typically start it by the book.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

I don't understand. Did you save a flight as cold & dark B2, then loaded the flight, and tried following the starting the engine procedure checklist?

No, I have a Carenado C152 as my P3D default.  I setup a flight and set aircraft to be the F1 BN2 Islander.  When the flight loads, I cannot start the engines.  If I do a Reset, the default C152 will then load, then I change to the BN2 and I can start both engines.

2 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

No, I have a Carenado C152 as my P3D default.  I setup a flight and set aircraft to be the F1 BN2 Islander.  When the flight loads, I cannot start the engines.  If I do a Reset, the default C152 will then load, then I change to the BN2 and I can start both engines.

For many years F1 advised that you should start with the default airplane. I always open P3D v4 to default plane in menu. Load the Islander. Shut everything down to cold and dark state. Save the flight. Open the flight when you want to fly the Islander. Remember that this airplane was designed for FSX not p3d v4.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

For many years F1 advised that you should start with the default airplane. I always open P3D v4 to default plane in menu. Load the Islander. Shut everything down to cold and dark state. Save the flight. Open the flight when you want to fly the Islander. Remember that this airplane was designed for FSX not p3d v4.

That's good advice, but the F1 BN2 is the only aircraft that this is happening to.

I stopped using modified default scenarios in P3Dv4.x, as it is again and again related to a series of bugs for different addons. However, in your case I am pretty certain that it is related to the master switch issue. If your default scenario contains a plane with or without a master switch and you firing up the scenario with another plane with or without masterswitch, you will run into problems, obviously especially in the case when your default scenario plane HAS a masterswitch while the other plane does NOT. Then the masterswitch will remain off unless you virtually turn it on via key command for example.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

DJJose, Bert,

Thank you very much for making this gem working again into P3Dv4.3, everything works fine here and I and some of my fellow virtual airline pilots are very grateful for all the work you both have done we really appreciate this.

Cheers,

Ruud

• Like 1

My issue with not being able to start the engines in the F1 BN2 is now resolved.  So, I purchased the BBS BN2 and for a period of time, I saved it as my default aircraft in P3D.  When I made it the default, I put it in Cold & Dark.  In this scenario, I also turned off the magnetos for both engines.  That was the issue when I would try to use the F1 BN2.  The magnetos are in the on position, but did not respond when I switched them off then on; as a result, the F1 BN2 engines wouldn't crank.  So, I went back and turned on the magnetos in the BBS BN2 and saved it as default again.  Now, when I select the F1 BN2 and start a flight, I can crank the engines normally.  My apologies for getting us going down this rat hole.  My F1 BN2 is now back in business.  Thanks to all for your most valuable input, suggestions and questions.

haha...lastly, I have to get my KLN working.  I think there is enough info in this thread for me to do that.

Thanks again!  Robert

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 9:30 PM, Rimshot said:

Hmmm, judging by the few screenshots available the old Flight1 Islander looks a lot better... I wish we could have that one for Prepar3D v4.

I agree. I've been waiting for ages for this little gem to appear. I've just been on the website and really surprised at the pics and video. It looks more like freeware graphics than anything I have come to expect from a payware product. Or is it just me?

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

16 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree. I've been waiting for ages for this little gem to appear. I've just been on the website and really surprised at the pics and video. It looks more like freeware graphics than anything I have come to expect from a payware product. Or is it just me?

Really no contest. If you have the F1 version, install it in P3d v4 and add the fixes.