Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 coming soon!

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Really no contest. If you have the F1 version, install it in P3d v4 and add the fixes.

are you talking about the FSX version? If so this is great news.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

11 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

are you talking about the FSX version? If so this is great news.

Yes FSX version.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Yes FSX version.

Thanks, I'll try and sort that asap

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

14 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Thanks, I'll try and sort that asap

Howard,

Let me know if you need any help. Send me a PM.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Howard,

Let me know if you need any help. Send me a PM.

Cheers matey, appreciated

Howard

All of my issues have been sorted out.  It is nice to have my F1 BN-2 back in action.

For what it's worth, in-lieu of trying to get the KLN90 to work or purchasing the GTN650 or Aerosoft Catalina if you don't have them, I went back and found a mod I used in FSX that basically adds the stock GNS430 to the F1 BN-2.  The popup will be a fully functional GNS430 and the KLN90 in the VC will reflect the moving map and zoom functions.  This isn't perfect, but it works.  If anyone is interested in this mod, pm me and I will send the instructions and the files needed.

Thanks to everyone who's made comments and suggestions.

Robert

• Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I couldn't find my original Islander so redownloaded from F1, installed with the sound mods and hey, brilliant! Back up and running with an favourite of mine. Then I remembered, eeeesh, the sound of the switches clicking is deafening. Does anyone know how to edit these sounds or do something to reduce the volume? 

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I couldn't find my original Islander so redownloaded from F1, installed with the sound mods and hey, brilliant! Back up and running with an favourite of mine. Then I remembered, eeeesh, the sound of the switches clicking is deafening. Does anyone know how to edit these sounds or do something to reduce the volume? 

Hi Howard,

You might post the question on the switch volume to Bert in the following thread.  He was able to fix the wheel rumbling sound after takeoff issue.  It may take resampling of the actual .wav files to a lower volume, but I cannot say for sure.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/islander-in-p3dv4_topic60395.html

Cheers!Robert

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

There are some reduced sounds included in the BN2 Flight One Folder in your main P3D v4 folder.

You can also reduce the sliders in P3D v4 sound menu.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DJJose said:

There are some reduced sounds included in the BN2 Flight One Folder in your main P3D v4 folder.

Ah, didn't know about the alternative sounds Jose. Sure, the sliders don't seem to be the answer I'm afraid. Thanks for all your help, appreciated

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Hi Howard,

You might post the question on the switch volume to Bert in the following thread.  He was able to fix the wheel rumbling sound after takeoff issue.  It may take resampling of the actual .wav files to a lower volume, but I cannot say for sure.

Cheers!Robert

Thanks Robert, I will take a closer look, cheers.

Howard

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Hi Howard,

Cheers!Robert

You can specify a lower volume in the configuration file.

By default, the sounds play at full volume.  You can specify an attenuation, in hundredths of decibels, by adding a value to the entry for the sound, in the configuration file:
Sound01=.\Sound\DeadPixl\SND11.wav                 ///sound plays at full volume
Sound01=.\Sound\DeadPixl\SND11.wav, -500        ///sound is reduced by 5 decibels

Given the names used for the sounds, you will likely have to do some experimenting, but it is possible.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ddawson said:

By default, the sounds play at full volume.  You can specify an attenuation, in hundredths of decibels, by adding a value to the entry for the sound, in the configuration file:
Sound01=.\Sound\DeadPixl\SND11.wav                 ///sound plays at full volume
Sound01=.\Sound\DeadPixl\SND11.wav, -500        ///sound is reduced by 5 decibels

Given the names used for the sounds, you will likely have to do some experimenting, but it is possible.

Doug

Doug,

Thank you for your contribution to our beloved hobby.

2 hours ago, ddawson said:

Doug

Nice one Doug. Thanks 😄 < what's with the small, unrecognisable emogee?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

The reduced sounds are only for the avionics whine.. Doug Dawson's suggestion should give you full flexibility.

• Like 1

Bert