Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 coming soon!

14 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

It looks like it works in v5 but in v4 it results in CTD.

You got it to work in v5 by simply replacing the gauge?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The new gauge would cause a CTD for me too until I deleted the contents of the "FlightPlans" folder inside the "Prepar3D v5\Flight One Software\BN-2 Islander" folder.

• Like 1

Dave Garwood.

1 hour ago, Dave CBFS said:

The new gauge would cause a CTD for me too until I deleted the contents of the "FlightPlans" folder inside the "Prepar3D v5\Flight One Software\BN-2 Islander" folder.

This fix worked perfectly here! Thanks!!! 👏👏👏

uKj1Ir.jpg

Completely OFFTOPIC but may i ask Mr. @ErnieAlston if he has more 32/64bit conversions like this to make our old birds fly again in newer sims. Thanks for that too!

Edited by FlavioSSA
Add Image

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Installing from the CD directly into P3Dv4.5 worked fine for the base aircraft. 

Swapping out the new KLN90 file from Ernie Alston brought the GPS back to life. (page 7 of this thread)

I then made the sound file swap and hex edit of the MDLs as described in the Simforums.

And lastly changed the panel color of a couple versions and added some color to the visors. (Shameless plug)

No crashes or other issues -- yet.  Very happy camper again.

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

You got it to work in v5 by simply replacing the gauge?

No. I thought that was the case based on posts in this thread from people saying it works for them in v5 and coincidentally it didn't work for us who tried it in v4. Now, it looks the issue was the flight plans folder.

• Like 1

I'm happy now that all previous owners can enjoy the Islander in v4 or v5.

Congrats!

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

No. I thought that was the case based on posts in this thread from people saying it works for them in v5 and coincidentally it didn't work for us who tried it in v4. Now, it looks the issue was the flight plans folder.

Can you elaborate on that?  After installing into the root of P3D v4.5 I got the gauge to turn on and I can cycle through the pages.  But when I load a flight plan created in P3D it displays garbage.  The terminus font is displaying so that isn't the issue.  Was going to ask where is the flight plans folder you are referring to but I see that up above. 

I wonder if the flight plan format has changed in P3D vs. FSX (when the gauge was originally created) and the gauge can't read it?

Edited by fsafranek

m4fs_banner.jpg

Can anyone tell me please how I can increase the size of my directonal indicator it is smaller than the other instuments  thanks

John

iD3KOYt.jpg

56 minutes ago, airservices said:

Can anyone tell me please how I can increase the size of my directonal indicator it is smaller than the other instuments  thanks

John

iD3KOYt.jpg

That is just the way it has been modeled... if you move your eyepoint down a bit, it actually looks like it should be that way..

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is just the way it has been modeled... if you move your eyepoint down a bit, it actually looks like it should be that way..

Thanks Bert no problems

John

Would anyone be wiling to do this repaint for me please for the flight 1 islander thanks

HVlYTJV.jpg

I have everything working in v4.5 HF3 other than having the same issue that fsafranek reported a few posts above with the KN90 displaying garbage when loading the FS flight plan. Did anyone ever work out why this was? Anything to do with the Navigraph update?

On 5/24/2020 at 1:46 PM, fsafranek said:

Can you elaborate on that?  After installing into the root of P3D v4.5 I got the gauge to turn on and I can cycle through the pages.  But when I load a flight plan created in P3D it displays garbage.  The terminus font is displaying so that isn't the issue.  Was going to ask where is the flight plans folder you are referring to but I see that up above. 

I wonder if the flight plan format has changed in P3D vs. FSX (when the gauge was originally created) and the gauge can't read it?

I think there may be some small differences that could be an issue.

I'll take a look....... but no promises.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

On 7/5/2020 at 8:47 PM, ErnieAlston said:

I think there may be some small differences that could be an issue.

I'll take a look....... but no promises.

Appreciate the offer to have a look Ernie.  Stuck at home since my work puts me in too close contact with people. Had major computer issue last month so I'm having to reinstall everything.  Just put the Islander back in.  Read this forum thread again in the process.  Saw the remark about removing F1 provided flight plans from "\Flight One Software\BN-2 Islander\FlightPlans".  Didn't do that but put one I created in P3Dv4.5 in there and it was found and loaded in the KLN90 unit. No issues with the text as before.  So maybe problem solved but having to move the flight plan file around takes away the ability to create one on the fly.  Just have to brush up on using the KLN90 unit now to see if it really working.

Edited by fsafranek

m4fs_banner.jpg