Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 coming soon!

Finally got around to installing the F1 BN2. Thanks to the mods and good work given in this thread here, it works flawlessly in P3DV5. 

Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix the fuselage top beacon which is showing as yellow not red? 

Q0OK69D.jpg

It is well and truly a superb model for the sim. That it could be modified so fix up the 64 bit guage issues and the KLN has been transformative. I can see why it was so well liked when it came out. Interesting to note that they have built over 750 of these aeroplanes, they are all over the world and they are still being built today - 50 years since it first arrived! It is a pity they never did the BN2B with the more modern instrument panel with small turbine like gauges in the centre. 

Confession - I flew these a lot in the real world and accumulated many thousands of hours in the BN2. It was always very heavy on the controls (heavy but positive) and very noisy (even with earplugs and a headset). I give this one 10/10. I had left it alone for some reason, but once slotted into P3DV5 it was so realistic it felt like an old friend, exactly as I remember them!. It was capable of achieving very impressive short field landings and takeoffs. My personal record for this was at Broome in WA, RWY 28, @ 42 knots full flap onto the piano keys and then braked and off at the first taxiway to the left - about 150 ft. Could still do it with this model! The cockpit lighting is also very good and some of the repaints capture the weathered appearance they used to get on the panels - they had a lot of inspection panels on the wing (dozens). They had excellent single engine performance and unlike most piston twins can be flown away and climb to LSALT with an engine failure after take off - they were actually certified  toand met the British airliner standard! In fact they flew only 5 knots slower with one engine feathered than they did with two running! Dependable durable and remarkably good for rough strips, short strips and out of the way places. I was singularly impressed with this model and how well the developers did in recreating this. Many more hours of sim fun to come!

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 12:55 AM, coastaldriver said:

Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix the fuselage top beacon which is showing as yellow not red? 

That's strange.  The upper beacon is on the SN model.  It looks red in P3Dv4 and v5 as well as in ModelCreaterX.  Not sure why you see a yellow one. 
It is an attached effect named "fx-beacon" so you can't edit it in the [lights] section of aircraft.cfg file.  You might try adding a red beacon in the [lights] section to see it is can overpower the yellow one. 

Edited by fsafranek

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg