Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 coming soon!

In case you didn't know, the BN-2 Islander for P3Dv4 by Blackbox Simulation is about to make it's grand appearance.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BlackBoxSimulation/posts/?ref=page_internal

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Hmmm, judging by the few screenshots available the old Flight1 Islander looks a lot better... I wish we could have that one for Prepar3D v4.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

7 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Hmmm, judging by the few screenshots available the old Flight1 Islander looks a lot better... I wish we could have that one for Prepar3D v4.

Works well in P3Dv4. I seem to recall one little wrinkle, I'll see if I can remember what it was.

EDIT:

I think it was the use of the 64bit Doug Dawson sound .dll. Rename it Virtavia_Sound.dll and put it in the panel folder. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong though. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks for the info!! Looks good!!! In my eyes the Flight1 has more detail but we need an Islander for P3Dv4. Making space in my Virtual Hangar for it!!!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Works well in P3Dv4. I seem to recall one little wrinkle, I'll see if I can remember what it was.

EDIT:

I think it was the use of the 64bit Doug Dawson sound .dll. Rename it Virtavia_Sound.dll and put it in the panel folder. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong though. :blush:

That's good to hear, I seem to recall though the KLN90 also doesn't work, that might be the wrinkle. It used to be one of my absolute favourites back in my FSX days, so I'll give it a go :happy:

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

Yep, the KLN90 doesn't work, but I still fly the plane in P3D v4 since most trips with it are short enough for hand-flying or basic autopilot. I am not sure I like the BBS better than the nicely functioning Islander of Flight1. They really created a masterpiece in 2010.

Peter

58 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Well, since Flight1 don't seem to want to upgrade their BN-2, the Blackbox version is certainly welcome in my hanger.  It even has an upgraded GPS "Fully Working 3D GPS500"  vs the KLN90.

• Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

You can shoehorn a GTN 650 into the F1 Islander,  in place of the KLN unit..

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$vpanel

//gauge00=Flight1_BN2_kln90a!GPS,  500,1,380
gauge14=F1GTN!GTN650VC,  570,5,266,98,UNIT1

• Upvote 4

Bert

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Well, since Flight1 don't seem to want to upgrade their BN-2, the Blackbox version is certainly welcome in my hanger.  It even has an upgraded GPS "Fully Working 3D GPS500"  vs the KLN90.

That may very well be, but the old Flight1 Islander had a very detailed rendition of the real world KLN 90. In my book that is always better than a default GPS 500, no matter how much it is pimped.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

Has anyone taken the plunge now that it's been released? 10-minute free demo.

Mario Di Lauro

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

Has anyone taken the plunge now that it's been released? 10-minute free demo.

I’ve heard it’s not all that great, a lot of default sounds, not so great texturing and modeling, etc. 

Hmmm, to me, the modelling and texture works looks better than the Flight1 version, at least in the preview video. Sound is never an issue, that can be easily adjusted (especially if you own the Flight1 version).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’ve heard it’s not all that great, a lot of default sounds, not so great texturing and modeling, etc. 

Agree with @AnkHthat the sounds can be taken from the F1 model  But seriously.  This is the simplest of simple planes to model in comparison with their Airbus Dodos.  You'd think with the horrendous reputation they have with airliners that they'd knock this one out of the ballpark in every aspect - much less complex, much less work.   There should be default = 0 in this release.  As for the texturing.....

Anyone tried the Flight1 version in P3Dv4? Why hasn't it been upgraded to P3D?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!