Sign in to follow this  
OELGH

P3D V4 freezing in London

41 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Just to repeat again. London area is very demanding and you need very good hardware. I remember that with my former system (i7 3820 @ 4.5 GHz), I still had performance issues. Finally, with my new system I am able to fly with PMDG in this area at moderate settings.

If it had to do with the system, I‘d have stutterint frames, but the frames are perfect! Also the GPU Load is only 60% at Heathrow. The problem is the following: 33FPS, then freezing screen for some seconds, and then again 33FPS. That can‘t be a hardware related problem.

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

This has been a discussion for a long time, and it is something ith the scenery, not airport scenery. And in the base of the sim, since I had this in fsx too. I had all London airport sceneries disabled and still get it, cruising east of London. I forgot the VOR that does it, but you get past it (CLN maybe?) and the constant freezes stop. I have heard it could be Vector, or Global, or being something about the international date line. I do not know a fix. I'd suggest creating a topic in the official P3D forums giving the exact location the freezing starts and stops and maybe LM can look into that.

Grr, really annoying. Would‘t have thought that it‘s such a major problem.

Would be interesting to know if people not using any Orbx products have the same problem. 

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Guys, this is a legacy bug from time out of mind related to meridian or smth, that hasn't been fixed by LM. I can remember a related discussion on this forum not so long ago. There's no fix for it, indemic.

9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Guys, this is a legacy bug from time out of mind related to meridian or smth, that hasn't been fixed by LM. I can remember a related discussion on this forum not so long ago. There's no fix for it, indemic.

But why does not everyone have that bug?

I don't have a problem like that in the London area, and I run P3D v3.3 with all UK2000 Xtreme airports (apart from Heathrow; Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended) at very high detail levels, 1920x1080 resolution, 16x AF/8xS AA/4x SGSS, 100% AI planes (up to 140 aircraft at Heathrow alone), UK2000 VFR Airfields, Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery, ES Treescapes, FSX Power Project (electricity pylons and wind turbines), and REX Essential Plus (clear skies)....and all of this whilst flying the PMDG 737 NGX and 747-400.

It's worth noting here that I do not use SODE....

i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz/16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered system

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I don't have a problem like that in the London area, and I run P3D v3.3 with all UK2000 Xtreme airports (apart from Heathrow; Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended) at very high detail levels, 1920x1080 resolution, 16x AF/8xS AA/4x SGSS, 100% AI planes (up to 140 aircraft at Heathrow alone), UK2000 VFR Airfields, Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery, ES Treescapes, FSX Power Project (electricity pylons and wind turbines), and REX Essential Plus (clear skies)....and all of this whilst flying the PMDG 737 NGX and 747-400.

i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz/16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered system

And not any Orbx products? 

Richard Åsberg

13 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yeah as I said, the performance is not a problem. Thank you very much for telling your experience, I‘ll try it out with SODE disabled.

I do not currently have any ORBx products active for most of my flights, Richard. I have all of the UK airfield packages installed, but I generally only activate them if I am going to use them as departure or arrival airfields when I am flying smaller planes (which is very rare these days).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

52 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I do not currently have any ORBx products active for most of my flights, Richard. I have all of the UK airfield packages installed, but I generally only activate them if I am going to use them as departure or arrival airfields when I am flying smaller planes (which is very rare these days).

So, that means at this point we have at least one person with no issues and that is without any (active) Orbx products.

Is there anyone else in here that has this issue but without any Orbx products?

If not, that could point in the direction this issue might be related to Orbx products and probably the global ones.

Richard Åsberg

I have the London area combined with ORBX England and UK2000 EGLL, EGKK, and EGSS.  It's notably slower than most regions, even with my fast spect, but I have not had that pause.  I'll recreate some more flights on my system when I get a chance.   In this Gatwick arrival,my system had minor pauses and a longer one since I use FSUIPC autosave.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

10 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

So, that means at this point we have at least one person with no issues and that is without any (active) Orbx products.

Is there anyone else in here that has this issue but without any Orbx products?

If not, that could point in the direction this issue might be related to Orbx products and probably the global ones.

I've found the solution. I uninstalled SODE, started the sim, no more freezes. Then i downloaded the newest version from their website, installed it, started P3D and now I'm having no more problems. I don't know why, but it works.

• Upvote 1

Hi guy

sometime a have the same...yesterday i fly to fsdt kfll and same thing troo of fps to 5 during 20 sec and come back to 30 fps with pmdg 737...

my spec:

i7 7700k 4,6 mhz

1080ti

Obrx na + vector + active sky + pmdg 737 + fsdt KFLL

and this thing happen with another scenery too...Runway 26 MKJS...50 fps and during 20 sec 5 fps...

for now i not find any solution

philippe tremblay

22 minutes ago, OELGH said:

I've found the solution. I uninstalled SODE, started the sim, no more freezes. Then i downloaded the newest version from their website, installed it, started P3D and now I'm having no more problems. I don't know why, but it works.

That's excellent news!

As said earlier in this thread both by me and others, SODE and/or Orbx global products have been suspects for quite some time.

What version of SODE did you download and install? As far as I could see it's still version 1.5.3 which has been out for quite some time already.

I was in contact directly with the developer of SODE discussing these kind of issues with freezes and he said he might have an idea what could cause it especially at huge airports with loads of jetways but also that he might have an idea how to address that problem.

Was hoping maybe that new version had been released but if I recall correctly, v1.5.3 is the same version I was using back when I had this issue.

Richard Åsberg

31 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I have the London area combined with ORBX England and UK2000 EGLL, EGKK, and EGSS.

Do you also have any global Orbx products installed or only local products?

Richard Åsberg