Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Will these addons work in P3DV4?

Cheap skate that I am I have been rationalizing staying with my FSX too long. After todays OOM at Flight Beam KMEM and hours of reading the forums I am so seriously about to get P3DV4. My main draw back is the repurchasing of addons I already own but would cost a fortune to bring P3D up to the sim I have with FSX Steam. I know the deal with PMDG and A2A , two must haves I could repurchase in time but could some one tell me if the following would have to be repurchased: FSUIPC, AS2016, ORBYX entire FTX Global Range, FSDT and FLIGHTBEAM, OPUS Camera, TFDi717, MYTraffic6, and FS2Crew when I do get around to PMDG repurchase. How about Latin VFR, Taxi To The Gate? 

There is a mile long list of others I will not bother with but if I have to rebuy everything I'll have to just keep working my sliders back in FSX. 

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Vic green

Of all the products you mention I only own A2A and Orbx addons. You already know you have to purchase seperate licenses for A2A aircraft. Orbx scenery however is compatible with Prepar3D v4 free of charge. I'll let others chime in to comment about the other developers.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hello,

Have you tried Estonia migration tool? I have been using that for al sorts of scenery add-ons. Works great for me but for some others it doesn't...

Jozef

I would not allow the Estonia migration tool within a mile of my computer. It is a virus.

The FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries do not require repurchase.  Simply download the latest installers and you are good to go.  Same for LatinVFR and Taxi2Gate. 

• Upvote 3

Dan Downs KCRP

FSUIPC and AS2016 will be re-purchase. As Bert pointed out, all the Orbx stuff will download the latest version if you use FTX Central.

• Upvote 1

How is the P3D wx engine? Is an add-on weather app necessary?

Vic green

10 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

How is the P3D wx engine? Is an add-on weather app necessary?

I could be wrong, but the P3D default weather appears to be largely the same as FSX as far as I can tell.  A few more saved themes but that looks like it. 

So yes, in my opinion, an add-on weather app is needed.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

If you just want a few clouds here and there and not really interested in accurate weather - stay with the default. But if you want accurate weather depictions with weather related cloud formations, then yes, a third party add on is needed

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've just moved from V3 to V4 last week;

PMDG - repurchase
A2A - repurchase
FSUIPC - not sure
AS2016 - discounted upgrade to P3D version as they split the licenses between FSX & P3D. Email the developers direct and see what they can do, doesn't hurt to ask or otherwise wait for a sale. If you still have your Active Sky Next license this version works for P3D and will get you by until a sale or you can afford to upgrade.
ORBX - free upgrade to V4 using FTX Central 3
FSDT - free upgrade - download updated installers from their website and they should auto activate using existing license on your machine http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products.html
FLIGHTBEAM - free upgrade - you need to get the updated installers as per this link - http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2812
OPUS Camera - unsure as I don't use
TFDi717 - free upgrade, use TfDi addon manager to install, takes seconds.
MYTraffic6 - unsure as I don't use
FS2Crew - repurchase when going from 32-64bit, there is a small discount but may be better to wait for a sale. 
Latin VFR - Reinstall and should work fine, discounted upgrades. May need updated installers
Taxi To The Gate no upgraded installers so you have to download patches from their website but certain airports work OK. (there is no upgrade you just have to jump a few hoops to get them to work)

Hope this helps you. I too got sick of the OOM's - for the outlay though the change is well worth it.

• Upvote 2

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

2 hours ago, downscc said:

I would not allow the Estonia migration tool within a mile of my computer. It is a virus.

Barring the usual theater of hysteria, it's not actually a virus, just a poorly written piece of software.

Despite that, I agree and also strongly advise against using it for v4. 

TFDi717 - free upgrade, use TfDi addon manager to install, takes seconds.

Just a heads up. While this product works well in v4, the lastest and greatest version with all bug fixes can only be installed if you opt-in to the community access program.

• Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Thanks for the help. I'm just tired of not being able to use my hardware to its potential. Simming Is such a big part of my life now that I'm retired I know I'll keep spending so might as well spend to move forward. That's investing. I'LL still have my FSX-Steam until I get P3DV4 where I want it. I've always been slow to respond to progress. Prepared V4 will be my project for 2018.

Vic green

2 hours ago, johnnycrockett said:

Hope this helps you. I too got sick of the OOM's - for the outlay though the change is well worth it.

This is the main reason I switched to P3dv4 and agree 100%, that the money spent is well worth it. To be able to spend time to preflight a complex plane like the PMDG 777 at a complex airport with weather (active sky), with good detail settings, taxi, depart, fly the route, arrival and land at a complex airport without an OOM is great. I can now finally enjoy flying. Before, I would get upset, after spending an hour getting ready, just to OOM at takeoff or on approach. Saving a flight and reloading, is a pain,  for me, something always did not come back after a restart, for example Active Sky would not reconnect or Pro ATCX would not connect (I use two computers networked for this), or the plane would load cold and dark in flight. After a crash, I would just give up and walk away frustrated. I'm sure there are lots of simmers that can relate to that. 

64bit P3dv4  was the answer for me, and most of the 3rd party developers acted quickly to bring compatibly for 64bit. I don't mind paying, as they deserve to be paid for their work. To me, its money well spent. I can finally enjoy flying a complete trip and have a sense of accomplishment when the passengers are deplaning at the destination.  Instead of frustration and tweaking all the time.

• Upvote 2

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

6 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Cheap skate that I am I have been rationalizing staying with my FSX too long. After todays OOM at Flight Beam KMEM and hours of reading the forums I am so seriously about to get P3DV4. My main draw back is the repurchasing of addons I already own but would cost a fortune to bring P3D up to the sim I have with FSX Steam. I know the deal with PMDG and A2A , two must haves I could repurchase in time but could some one tell me if the following would have to be repurchased: FSUIPC, AS2016, ORBYX entire FTX Global Range, FSDT and FLIGHTBEAM, OPUS Camera, TFDi717, MYTraffic6, and FS2Crew when I do get around to PMDG repurchase. How about Latin VFR, Taxi To The Gate? 

There is a mile long list of others I will not bother with but if I have to rebuy everything I'll have to just keep working my sliders back in FSX. 

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Be Careful!!  Shoe-horning 32bit addons into the 64bit P3Dv4 simulator with the migration tool or any other way can break P3Dv4 badly.

I rarely ever install anything from the 32bit environment unless I read many reviews saying that it has been successful.

For example, I did install RealAir Lancair and Duke after reading many posts that said it worked fine lo and behold, it did work fine.

Most developers offer their P3Dv4 64bit upgrades and a very low price if you have already made the purchase.

I LOVE :emu: SimMarket because they always notify me by email of any upgrades that are free, which many are.  I have tons of notifications that I haven't even had the time to download and install yet.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:18 AM, PATCO LCH said:

Vic, as per this link it looks like you will be able to upgrade to AS4 with a sale currently underway.

• Upvote 1

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4