Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

PC 12 what the TBM SHOULD be Steveo1 style

Just got the Carenado PC12.

One flight so far.. The AP is intuitive.  and WORKS. I'm running the GTN 750 and Bert Pieke's AP popup mod. I expect many fun hours in this bird.

• Upvote 3

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Hi Mike

I'm new to the PC 12 and have installed the Flight1 GTN750.

I cant get the autopilot to recognise an activated flight plan in the 750.

I enter the flight plan into the GTN 750, activate it i and after takeoff select Nav and AP mode in the Autopilot controller. The aircraft refuses to fly the planned course.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

On the bottom line of the GTN750 make sure "GPS" is shown.  If it shows "VLOC", click on "CDI" immediately above it which will then bring up "GPS".  This is what you should be in.  NAV and AP should them work.

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

Thanks Meeko

That was my problem.

Cant get the weather radar to switch on. Any advice on that one please?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

Do you have any of Bert Pieke's mods for the PC-12 by any chance?

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

4 hours ago, ampharoah said:

Yes I do

Bert turns the weather radar off with his mods.  If you want it "on"  go into your Carenado PC12, panel.V55 (Bert's panel whatever version you have) folder and open up the panel.cfg.  Find  [Vcockpit04] and delete the // from the lines starting with gauge00, gauge01, gauge02 and gauge03. 

You should then be able to turn the gauge on, on the panel.  

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

Hi Andrew,

9 hours ago, ampharoah said:

Yes I do.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

For another option - I use the REX Wx Radar which makes a nice addition to Bert's fine work...

Here's how to install it...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your advise. 

‘I installed you changes into Bert’s Panel v57 last week, but every time I launched the pop-up (Shift +1) P3Dv4.3 CTD, so I uninstalled REX WX from my PC (I’ve recently started having real problems with BSOD and thought REX WX might be the culprit - turned out it’s not and the crashes stubbornly continue.)

I have today downloaded the latest REX WX update and will try your mod again, as I think the CTD problem I experienced was a known issue with earlier versions of the REX weather radar in P3Dv4.3

As for the BSOD problem........ I’m tearing my hair out trying to track that one down!

Andrew