Sign in to follow this  
mattrob77

How to match real pitch and N1 settings.

Dear Sim airplanes addict !

Apologies for my approximate English. I have two simple questions.

1) I can't get my V speed on PFD. I did enter the data in the FMC and then execute but I can't get them (tried several time). It's a small detail but kinda annoying. 

2) I have a Sim check coming soon and wanted to train the pitch and N1 settings. Unfortunately, after entering the mass in the FMC I thought I would match these settings but i'm far from it. Any suggestions?  Mass setting is 60T TOW and value should be for example at fly lvl, V 210 pitch 5 degrees N1 58%. 

Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks for help. 

Matthieu Lambinet. 

Edited by mattrob77
Added my real name.

FMC V speed prompts should be available once you have completed PERF INIT and TAKEOFF REF entries and have selected the departure runway. QRH ON/OFF selection on the TAKEOFF REF page controls whether V speed prompts appear or not. 

Are you just entering the weight in the FMC PERF INIT page or are you also setting the payload in the setup page reached from the MENU key? The latter is what controls the weight and balance of the sim. The sim performance will not match unless you set weight correctly.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you for you answer. 

I do believe that I completed all the settings but if it's not working I am probably doing something wrong and will have a closer look tonight making sure I follow all steps. 

5 minutes ago, mattrob77 said:

Thank you for you answer. 

I do believe that I completed all the settings but if it's not working I am probably doing something wrong and will have a closer look tonight making sure I follow all steps. 

i'm more of an old freight dog in my T7 these days but the FMC works pretty much the same for the NGX.

The only time I have known V speeds not to appear on the PFD tape is when I have accidentally taxi'd past a fuel Point or been parked on one.

Or

When loading the fuel after Perf then the fuel has jumped to 100% which put's the aircraft over the MTOW.

It's important to PERF INIT in the correct order as others have stated;

FUEL page

PAYLOAD page

ROUTE pages

DEP/ ARR pages

T/O RWY (SID - but not essential)

PERF INIT - zfw/ (double click to automatically calculate)

CI/ RESERVES

N1 LIMIT page Derating?  

TAKEOFF page Flaps for T/O, double click CG to get __._%

Now, you should get V Speeds by double clicking to the right of that page and they should transfer to the PFD Tape at the same time.

Hope this helps.

btw: It is ALL covered in Tutorial 1 - in more detail than this.

2 hours ago, mattrob77 said:

F/D off. Is it the solution? 

No, i just tested it. I've got V-speeds with F/D off. They appeared after i entered them in FMC. Beside all advices here, maybe you should check tutorial flights, some info there is a simulation related

No one has mentioned the IRS yet, these need to be aligned before you get takeoff data.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'am right to think that when you launch the 737 engine on the IRS is already aligned. 

I am not starting cold and dark. 

When you go into the Init page and go to the Takeoffs page in the FMC (where you will see the CG, set Flaps [make sure you've done this], and get your trim settings), do you see the recommended V speeds?  Does it give you trim figures?  You may have to execute your flight plan, flight level, and/or look for discontinuities also

1 hour ago, mattrob77 said:

I'am right to think that when you launch the 737 engine on the IRS is already aligned. 

I am not starting cold and dark. 

Sorry to say the obvious Matt.

But you really must read the manual.

It's as simple as that.

We've been trying to help you on what was considered a complication based, perhaps on your set up, but it now appears, by your comment above that you simply haven't studied the aircraft based on PMDG's advice and guidance.

You should be aware of whether the IRS's are aligned by POS INIT procedures early on after start of APU or still on GRND PWR.

If you want to fly a simple 737 take the Default FSX 737 off the runway using Ctrl + E to get everything going.

If you want something more immersive - especially as you say you have a "Sim Check" next week - I'd suggest a great deal more study of the manuals provided with the PMDG 737 NGX.

You can't cheat this bird in to the air. 

You have to pilot it.

All the best for your future endeavours.

OK. As said above, you simply cannot cheat it. You need to enter anything that is a dashed line. Small numbers are ok but preferably over written with firm stuff to make them bold is better. Start with Init  Ref. Actually go into the Options and select fast align first. Bugger the complicated stuff. A SIM check will have it all set up and running so you want to select an initial setting that is engines running. However the FMC does need work. So, Aligned? Enter airfield, goto page three and copy GPS position, then back to page one and enter in the boxes. Next route. Enter the basic route. Enter and Execute. DEp/ARR. Select Runway and SID, STAR and arrival runway and approach. Execute.

Now PERF. Enter First the actual temperature if it's not already there. Format is assumed/actual. It's vital that is filled in. You can leave assumed temp blank.

Enter ZFW. The FMC will give you take off weight from this plus the fuel.

You must enter a reserve and use a Cost index of 7 or 8, Put a cruise altitude of say 5,000ft.

Next you need to enter a cruise average wind 000/00 is fine. Then a TOC temperature. At 5,000ft 0 fine.

Next use the prompt to go to the Thrust Limit page.  Set 22K and climb 2. 

Now use the L6R prompt for the Take off page.  Enter flaps, and the V1,R and V2 speeds must be filled in on the right, not just the small FMC calculated numbers. Double click each line to bold them up. On page 2 is the climb acceleration altitude and power reduction selections.

Now you should see the V Speeds come onto the PFD. Any changes to thrust now will give a V SPEEDS deleted message.

Now for the pointers. Don't rotate too fast. It will naturally pause about 5-6'. Pull gently through here as it's ground effect on the tail- useful to stop over rotating! You will lift off at 8-9 degrees.

Adjust to 15' wings level. At 400ft the FMA will change to HDG or LNAV depending on what's preset. At 1,000ft or whatever was set, the FMA will change to N1 or you call "Set Climb Power" "Bug UP" or "set climb speed" or whatever you will be briefed to say and lower the nose to clean up.

When level, a 737-800 is a pretty simple to fly, very docile. Approximate 60% works for level flight clean and at all flap speeds when configured. it's also about right F40 on approach too, wind and weight dependent. 75% on one engine is about right too.

Enjoy your SIM session and i hope you get the job! 

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Absolutely this.

Thanks for the gen Skipper.