Sign in to follow this  
skyymann

Clouds Wash Out

OK, before I begin, I don't actually see this as a PMDG issue, but there are a LOT of really smart people on this forum and someone may be able to help with this. I'm also posting this on the HiFi forum as it could be an issue with them as well. While flying the 744 (yesterday from EGLL to KJFK and today from EDDF to KMIA) I've noticed that the clouds out the front window completely bleach out and go completely white with almost no texture. If I change the view to outside or just look out the cockpit to the right or left, the clouds look like they should. When I come back inside, the clouds begin to wash out and loose definition, but only looking forward out of the cockpit. I have had this happen on the PMDG 737, the BB A333 but not the TFDI 717. I have searched high and low for an answer, but can't seem to find one. Anyone here? Bueller? 

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Most likely some shader setting, which is causing this.
Try removing any PTA or ENVTEX/ENVSHADE profile and clearing your shader-cache.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 hours ago, skyymann said:

Anyone here? Bueller? 

HDR and shaders. Anything getting washed out is going to be that.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

That was it. As soon as I killed the HDR lighting, the cloud textures went right back to normal. Shame, I really liked that too. Thanks Everyone! I'm still getting my head around P3D after years on FSX and FS9.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Just now, skyymann said:

Shame, I really liked that too.

Just take a few moments to adjust your sliders in the HDR settings (lighting options). Knock the brightness down a bunch. Find what you like.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks again Kyle! I have a lot to learn about this one.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Kendall S Mann