Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Notification issue for followed topics

The last couple of days there seems to be a notification issue where I sometimes don't get any notification at all for topics I'm following where I other times get a notification but with a huge delay and sometimes I get the same notification more than once.

Anyone else seeing this?

Richard Åsberg

AVSIM has been undergoing repairs for system malfunctions for the past week or so.   That might have caused your problems.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Have been experiencing the same issue again where I get multiple emails even for old posts and lately I even keep receiving emails for a topic I'm not following any longer.

Is it just me or a general issue affecting others as well?

Richard Åsberg

Our system is seriously messed up right now.  Slow.  No one receiving validations after registering.  E-mail or passwords not being validated and approved.  I have informed Brian in our tech section to take a look at it but think it is slow because we have a lot of guests and members on board at once.  Brian does a lot of updates and maintenance of the AVSIM System and that could be the cause too.  Some members have been asking for help on the AVSIM site and I don't get the notifications (e-mails) immediately.  I wish I could run down the hallway and see what's happening in the tech section but cannot.  The site seemed to be back up and running well a week or two ago and then all of a sudden it is slow and causing major issues for me just to moderate.  That may or may not be your problem too.  AVSIM uses the standard site software for all websites within the Invision Community.  Some times they come on site too and fix issues when they see a problem.  All I can say, as a Forum Administrator, is we are working on it.  Apologize for any inconvenience.

As far as the notification system goes, we use the same system as everyone else as I stated above.  If you are getting multiple e-mails, then I do not know how to stop that from happening.  If Tom were still here, he would be able to immediately diagnose it and perhaps find a fix.  I hope things settle down now that Prepar3D4.2 has been released.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

A general issue then it seems.

Sorry to hear about your touch situation and I wish you the best of luck having the issues sorted eventually.

Richard Åsberg

Appears our spam scanning system was acting up and slowed things down.  We think it is fixed.  At least the site is running much faster ever with over 1000 guests and members on board as I write this.

Submit News to AVSIM