Sign in to follow this  
barna0110

Brown horizon problem in P3D V4 -- please help!

Hey Guys!

My problem is the following: when I'm in the sim, on the horizon all the textures are brown. I had PTA, but I repaired P3D, so theoretically that could not cause the problem.
I'd be grateful if you could help me, because I've never had this problem and it is quite frustrating.

Fly safe!
barna0110

USi9T1xWjP5h0YqWFMuZGzIECpz5hGON0QXhZakYuVrbQFeyqu0mpYTgIxcl57kyOHyIJf6ugk0L71jjTHhaecQUXKgNGc76MZPbuePNeSUb4_1JhChGnN_-

1 hour ago, barna0110 said:

I had PTA, but I repaired P3D, so theoretically that could not cause the problem.

I'd run PTA anyway to restore the shaders. Or I would delete the shaders cache to see if that helps. 

Okay, I completely reinstalled the whole sim (deleted all folders from appdata etc.) because I was so keen to fly.. :D I'm sure that there are solutions which are more clever, but the problem is solved anyway!:) Also thank you for your reply, Jeroen!:)

This is the problem some of us have with PTA. :sad:

Have a look:

First, you should check PTA forum.....there you should find all answers and some people including myself had a same issue, now fixed.

Secondly not sure why some people are so quick to squash and delete and reinstall everything for some problems that could be fixed quickly. Some are going to far to re-install whole windows....Just observation.

I deleted recently generated folders, reinstalled only PTA, haven't used Matt's pre-sets or REX pre-sets, used from Adam and Gerrard, tested and all was good afterwards, never touched it since....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

8 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

First, you should check PTA forum.....there you should find all answers and some people including myself had a same issue, now fixed.

Secondly not sure why some people are so quick to squash and delete and reinstall everything for some problems that could be fixed quickly. Some are going to far to re-install whole windows....Just observation.

I deleted recently generated folders, reinstalled only PTA, haven't used Matt's pre-sets or REX pre-sets, used from Adam and Gerrard, tested and all was good afterwards, never touched it since....

I am still unable to use other presets than the one from Matt... 

You should....what are you doing differently? What are you getting? Any error message at the bottom of the screen (PTA)? Should confirm that preset is applied.

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

8 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

You should....what are you doing differently? What are you getting? Any error message at the bottom of the screen (PTA)? Should confirm that preset is applied.

Well, in matter of fact I CAN use other presets but I don’t want because they all give me the brown horizons. I don’t know is it because of my system or simply because of me. I don’t see I do anything differently with other presets.

The developer promised to search for this problem but I have not heard anything from that side after that.

Quick update:

With the clean reinstalled sim I tried PTA 2.60 with Matt's v1.3 preset. I ended up with the brown horizon problem again. Fortunately after the restore everything turned out to be normal, but I have to say goodbye to PTA for some time..