Sign in to follow this  
tecto

Ignore/detect crashes and damage - what is your setting?

I'm wondering whether you have this option set to ignore or detect? Currently I have selected "detect" but sometimes during landing everything seems to be ok and suddenly something goes wrong and my plane has a crash. I know that this is all about flying skills but I'm wondering whether it is well related with real flying physics?

Especially that on VATSIM for instance they recommend to select "Ignore" to have no crashes online.

What do you think and what you're using?

I use "ignore" since there were sceneries leading to unexpected crashes back in my FSX days and never changed it. Seems however that for example the A2A airplane wear and damage does not work properly if you use "ignore"...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I use ignore. My addon planes have their own damage model and I hate to be crashed by an invisible box near some taxiway...

Turned it off in the days of FS9. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yep.... "off"..... as there are a lot of... well.... "funny" people online....

I have all crash detection switched off in P3D. There really is no need for it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

58 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Seems however that for example the A2A airplane wear and damage does not work properly if you use "ignore"...

I checked back in the A2A forums and this is not true so I correct myself. Then, no need at all for anything else than "ignore".

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Ignore also.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Off because of things like taxiing to runway 5 in FT CYYZ and crashing into an invisible building on the taxiway. Or, worse, on final at FB KSFO and right before the threshold my plane just plunges into that seawall and I have Asiana 214 all over again (not saying it's a fault of the sceneries).

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Ignore.  Way too big a risk of crashing into something invisible.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Set to Ignore. AI likes to taxi and hit me, causing a crash. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Have it on. No real risk of fake crashes on default airports and it adds to realism. I can't do something silly like go through a tree or building and just carry on as if nothing happened. Also I can't land at 2000fpm. 

Have it set to ignore otherwise you can't do a wheels up landing!

Try it in the Realair Duke, quite spectacular.

Mick

Disabled.
Most of the time, it just seems to make the plane randomly explode for no reason

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I have it set to ignore crashes. It's actually more realistic to set it to ignore crashes and just be careful as you would in real life. It's far less realistic that a stray baggage handler can crash into you while you're still on the ramp, therefore ending your session.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough