Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Nice hop for a $5000 hamburger :)

7 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bjoern,

Oh - I wasn't talking about the Lear being a trampoline - I like the way the Lear flies a great deal - not much in the "feel" department I'd change there... The A2A C182 sometimes feels like ground effect is like the paddle of the old "Pong" game if you're old enough to remember those and I've landed a real 182 for comparison - I'm much happier with their low wing products... I've dabbled with FDE's using Air Wrench and other tools - the MilViz B55 FDE was pretty bad for other reasons and I was attempting to fix it - which got me started with FDE's - never did get anything I was happy with - not really something I want to bite into again - I'll leave it for the experts...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott:

Yeah I also bit on the A2A C182 in one of my brief departures from biz jets. Tried a few flights and just gave up. I simply could not land it. No matter how slow I flew the approach it just would get caught in ground effect and coast down the runway. I remember I was trying to land at one of those islands off the CA coast and a cross wind just blew me out to sea!!!!

Rick

7 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bjoern,

Oh - I wasn't talking about the Lear being a trampoline - I like the way the Lear flies a great deal - not much in the "feel" department I'd change there... The A2A C182 sometimes feels like ground effect is like the paddle of the old "Pong" game if you're old enough to remember those and I've landed a real 182 for comparison - I'm much happier with their low wing products... I've dabbled with FDE's using Air Wrench and other tools - the MilViz B55 FDE was pretty bad for other reasons and I was attempting to fix it - which got me started with FDE's - never did get anything I was happy with - not really something I want to bite into again - I'll leave it for the experts...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott:

Yeah I also bit on the A2A C182 in one of my brief departures from biz jets. Tried a few flights and just gave up. I simply could not land it. No matter how slow I flew the approach it just would get caught in ground effect and coast down the runway. I remember I was trying to land at one of those islands off the CA coast and a cross wind just blew me out to sea!!!!

Rick

On 1/26/2018 at 8:57 AM, Wink207 said:

Yeah I also bit on the A2A C182 in one of my brief departures from biz jets. Tried a few flights and just gave up. I simply could not land it. No matter how slow I flew the approach it just would get caught in ground effect and coast (...)

Confounding factors aside (like updrafts from ASN, or something wrong with the sim, etc etc.) I think A2A modelled the 182 spot on. I found it oddly hard to land at first until I decided to try and approach and land like I was taught in the real world, albeit a 172. The numbers aren't that different. If you get the speed right in short final - and this varies according to how you've loaded the plane - a normal flare is almost straightforward, and very satisfying. Carry too much speed though, and it'll be evident.