Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

How to extract the most from the 8700K

1.35, which is even lower than when you let the BIOS take care of it automatically.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I've still been dealing with this over the weekend, now I've got mostly manual voltage controls, disabled all kinds of savings, C-States and the like (PC is solely for P3D and won't be idling for long anyway, let alone be on 24x7). I've set LLC to level 6 and Vcore to 1.33, and whatever state I get into (idle or load) the Vcore seems to be rock solid at 1.328, reported by HWiNFO64. Maybe I can set Vcore lower than that, maybe not, I've been testing with steps of 10 milivolts a time.

It's summer down here and quite warm, room temperature can get up to 34C easily if I don't turn on the aircond (and it will get worse in the next few months), and the higher core temps are topping at the mid-eighties.

Not sure I've mentioned it, but HT OFF always.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I gave up on dynamic voltage.  Set speed at 4.8 and voltage at 1.26.  So far very stable, if not the highest overclock.  I do notice that the frames really shoot up when you overclock the ram.  Have mine running at 3000 for which they are rated rather than the default.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Did you set that XMP profile thing? I just did that, mine is 3600 MHz. The old times I used to mess with RAM settings usually turned things unstable, so I'm inclined in setting the XMP and leave it alone.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I'm about an hour into my stress test.  I'm at 4.944 Ghz at 1.24v.  Also overclocked my memory from 2666 to about 3000.  So far my max temp is about 73C.  It's been a while since I've done this, so I'm not sure if that is good or not...especially with this CPU.  Will see how it looks in the morning!

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

10 hours ago, jlohrenz said:

I'm about an hour into my stress test.  I'm at 4.944 Ghz at 1.24v.  Also overclocked my memory from 2666 to about 3000.  So far my max temp is about 73C.  It's been a while since I've done this, so I'm not sure if that is good or not...especially with this CPU.  Will see how it looks in the morning!

That's VERY good. With HT on or off? Thta's Core temp I presume, not CPU temp?

My CPU is a bad overclocker unfortunately, I didn't do well in the silicon lottery. It needs as much as 1.42 for 5 GHz with HT on. And 1.35 volts with HT off. I have delided though, so temps with the NH-D15S are very good. 

You don't need to do that 12-24 hour stress test nonsense. Just 2 - 4 hours in RealBench and then test it over time with the apps you use. 

Yep, core temperatures.  I have a corsair HSi110 (i think) water cooler on it.  I did prime 95 and had one worker get an error one time, but then when I ran them all again it didn't.  Running AIADA64 or whatever it s called on it now.  Seems to run beautifully.  Only think throwing me off is that my SA and IO voltages are higher than MSI likes, but within limits to get my 2666 memory OC's to 3000.

If it is stable I'll be happy.  Just means I can do a bit more with my machine, or that it'll handle my multiple projectors when I get to that point.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Did a fast test with my 8700k very good chip, here is a CB15 run with HT off, 5.5ghz with H110 is not bad.

Cpu is delided,IHS-chip with liquid metal 

5ghz stable CB15 Rog Realbench 1.184v

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc6amr47grbcktp/snaphsot0010.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvv7vbr2s3hn8ax/8700K CB15 5ghz.png?dl=0