Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Telavi to Mestia: Again in the Caucasus

Hi,

prior to uploading the FS9 conversion of the wonderful Telavi airport scenery by Georgian Virtual Airports (available via Avsimrus.com), I tested the scenery with a flight from Telavi to Mestia (the latter is also available in the library for P3D and FS9). I choose a versatile Let L-410 for my flight.

The traffic is quite "colourful" at Telavi, which is almost exclusively a GA field and home of the Georgian Aviation University:

bvBqUiQ.jpg

5ZijNVP.jpg

Caucasus main chain in the setting sun:

PWj2RrY.jpg

Above central Georgia (Bazaleti lake in the foreground, Mt. Kazbek at the horizon)

wZGGe5Q.jpg

Beginning descent (Mt. Tetnuldi and Shkhara in the background)

9auQqe4.jpg

Landing will be difficult (VFR only in Mestia)...

RM1Ny27.jpg

... but...

sc4AbIZ.jpg

... all is o.k. at the end.

StdDezn.jpg

While not as spectacular as most P3D mountain landscapes, these pictures from FS9 still look well imho, and I had a lot of fun to fly. I hope you will have fun, too.

Regards,

Harald

• Upvote 4

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Very nice screenshots...the snow textures make the landscape as good as any sim....love the sky theme...your investments in outstanding custom airplanes and airports is the reason you can never leave FS9!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

Thanks HLJames! More than 10 years of building up this sim will be achieved with no simulator again. Seems that, if I now move on towards which sim ever, FS9 will be at least my secondary simulator as long as a computer can run it.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks Nebojsa...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

On 25.1.2018 at 6:52 AM, edetroit said:

but that's FS9 for you. :biggrin: 

Oh yes, Ed. Much fun with FS9!

Even more so as Mestia and Telavi airports are my own work.

Not so much fun when I realized that my just released Telavi scenery had a glitch for some users. Obviously, I built up my scenery on stock FS9 files modified by DD's Baku scenery. Have to work on it...

Hope that I'm ready tomorrow, when I plan an online flight with David, who created these sceneries for P3D first and gave me permission to convert them to FS9.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg