Sign in to follow this  
robbroadbent

ATC Chatter talking over comms

Hi Dave,

I just re-initialized my PC running P2A V2.4.0.5. The PC also has Prosim (cockpit) installed. All other flight sim apps including P3DV4 are on another PC.

I am using voice commands and find that the ATC Chatter will talk over the top of me when I am transmitting on either comm or even listening to ATIS.

This never used to happen and I believe it started with the 64bit version.

Has anyone else reported this?

Best regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

I experienced the ATC Chatter over ATIS problem.  A fix is being finalized at the moment which stops this overlap.  I didn't notice the chatter when there is ATC communication but now that you mention it I do think this is also happening.

It has made me get stuck with ptt depressed waiting for chatter to stop so I can talk.  For now just be rude and communicate with the controller over top of chatter.  :laugh:

While this shouldn't happen, when it does, try swapping the frequencies a time or two to get P2A back in sync.

I am aware of it happening right after connecting, especially if the aircraft is on a frequency like Ground from a previous flight and P2A tries to set the active Com to ATIS.  Swapping frequencies usually fixes this issue.

When working properly, pressing the PTT button will immediately cut off chatter.  Also, pressing the SayIt button to say a phrase will also immediately cut off the chatter.

Dave

I notice this will happen mostly over long readbacks like Clearance for example. I figured the "cutout" for the chatter has a time out rather than being directly attached to the PTT button being pushed.

p

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I will try the comm swap and see if that alleviates the problem. I will let you know.

Best regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

Comm swap didn't make any noticeable difference to me. 

I agree with knightracing in that it seems to happen when you have a long readback.

Best regards

Rob

Hi Dave,

This is still an issue with V2.5.0.0

Best regards

Rob

Rob,

Can you email me a screenshot of your Chatter settings to admin@pilot2atc.com along with the P2A log file of a flight where this happened and if possible, a note of which interaction it happened with. 

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am still experiencing Chatter over ATIS in version 2.5.0.1. I haven't noticed it over my fp read back though.

Best regards

Rob

Edited by robbroadbent

Rob,

If you're hearing Chatter over ATIS, is it the Clearance Delivery Chatter? 

Try swapping frequencies twice to go to a different controller and then back to ATIS.  That might clear it up.  When the program first connects, if it is already on a local frequency, that chatter may be starting and not stopping when the frequency is first set to ATIS.

The only other possibility is that ATIS is playing via the SIM.  The cure for that is to mute the Voice in the SIM, usually by unchecking a box and turning a volume slider all the way down.

Dave

Hi Dave,

It is definitely my chatter files from X-ATC-Chatter that are playing over ATIS. I tried swapping frequencies but that did not work.

P2A always seems starts on the ATIS frequency. I should try starting at an airport that does not have ATIS. Because I fly the Prosim 737 exclusively I don't visit many of them.

I will see if I can investigate further and send you another log dump.

Best regards

Rob