Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Cannot Save Situation in X-Plane 11.1

My X-plane 11 has just started not allowing me to save a situation prior to shutting down.  The situation folder in the output folder on the desktop says it is a "READ ONLY" file (Filled in black square) Tried to remove this to a black box but the system seems to replace the read only square, thus blocking the situation from being saved.

As I am writing this, I get a couple of notification messages from window 10 that windows defender has blocked access to ch1anges in x-plane.  Also for the past week or so I have been getting those annoying fake messages that tells you your computer is infected and to call this 800 number to resolve it. Nothing shows up on rapid or full virus scans.

Only once or twice when I used Kasper sky anti virus did I ever have this fake virus message come through. Then I change to Webroot anti virus and started getting thismore frequently.. I removed Webroot and have only been using the windows defender since and all sorts of weird stuff has been happening.

This morning I had to roll back the NVIDIA drivers to the ones that were good  in Dec 2017 for my GTX 980 because I could not view the Edge browser due to it being covered in dots. , My Foxfire browser was OK.

Still getting message notifications that unauthorized access denied to x=plane on the desktop when I am not even trying to use it.as I am still typing this message.

Any ideas were to start on the ability to save situations in X-plane?

Terry

I completely removed and replaced (known good copy) X-Plane 11 and it still will not let me save situations.

Any ideas on what allows X-plane to save a situation file in Windows 10?

Terry

I can load previously saved situations with no problems noted. Just cannot save a "NEW" situation in X-plane

Terry

Are you sure you haven't got a virus? You have some weird behaviour on your PC.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Are you sure you haven't got a virus? You have some weird behaviour on your PC.

Pretty sure no on the virus but think the MS Defender is somehow blocking access to save the X-plane files.

Terry

All fixed, I hope.

It was the anti-virus part of the Windows Defender program that thought the X-Plane program was some sort of malicious beast. It would let me run the program but not change it by saving a new situation file. As soon as I turned that switch to off in Defender, X-plane was working correctly again.

Terry