Sign in to follow this  
jemac3

Vox Atc Runway Updater Error

Afternoon,

I am having issues with the Runway updater stopping due to errors, I have been reading the posts related to the updater having errors and referencing Level-D. 

I do not use Level-D ( I have a JetMax utilizing Sim Avionics) so how do I overcome this issue? If I am reading this correctly I would create a folder called Level-D and point my Navigraph cycle update to it? 

Thank You for any direction,

Jimmy Mac 

1 hour ago, jemac3 said:

Afternoon,

I am having issues with the Runway updater stopping due to errors, I have been reading the posts related to the updater having errors and referencing Level-D. 

I do not use Level-D ( I have a JetMax utilizing Sim Avionics) so how do I overcome this issue? If I am reading this correctly I would create a folder called Level-D and point my Navigraph cycle update to it? 

Thank You for any direction,

Jimmy Mac 

To make both aircraft FMS/GPS / and VOXATC be consistent, one has to map all add-ons in the Navigraph FMS Manager. This includes manually loading the add-on called Level D 767, which is the format that VOXATC uses for its SIDs and STARs. I use the Navigraph FMS manager to load that add-on to a subfolder off of the VOXATC main folder. I create a folder called:

<drive>:\Program Files\Internal Workings\Level D Navdata

Next, I run the VOXATC Advanced Settings utility and enter that same folder name for the "NavData folder". Then VOXATC will find all the SIDs and STARs correctly.

One more point. The sim's stock airports are well out of date with regard to navaid, approaches, comm frequencies, SIDs and STARs. To make those also consistent with your Aircraft FMS/GPS and VOXATC, you need to purchase a subscription to fsaerodata. This purchase is not necessary if you fly just to and from 3rd party airports that are kept up to date by the developer. Google "fsaerodata" if you are interested in having the stock airports kept up to date to the latest AIRAC. 

Success!

Jay Thanks for you guidance. Followed the example you provided and ran the runway updater which completed successfully!!!

Jimmy Mac