Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

X-Plane 11.1 version of Rotatesim MD-80 Released

According to this article.

I loaded it up and started the engines. Didn't have time to fly, but seems legit.

• Upvote 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Thank you for Posting about the update.  Downloading now.

I hope they decide to make the two CDUs work independently of each other.  It seems so unrealistic to have both of them locked on the same page all the time. Other than that, it is a great aircraft.

You're welcome.

I like it too. I can't compare it to the old PMDG MD or the Mad Dog (never had those), but it seem like a good rendition.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

48 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

You're welcome.

I like it too. I can't compare it to the old PMDG MD or the Mad Dog (never had those), but it seem like a good rendition.

I really thought that we were going to get another really nice MD83 for X-Plane with the A.T.S. version, but that went to the pits when it was very close to being put on sale.  Such a waste.

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

I really thought that we were going to get another really nice MD83 for X-Plane with the A.T.S. version, but that went to the pits when it was very close to being put on sale.  Such a waste.

There was the issue of it being released prematurely by accident but then it just disappeared.

NAX669.png

1 minute ago, mwilk said:

There was the issue of it being released prematurely by accident but then it just disappeared.

I know that first hand.  I got "punked" and bought it when it was released on X-Plane.org.

From what I see, the lead developer "AlfaMike", must have got his feelings hurt so he took his ball and went home leaving the rest of the team with an almost finished aircraft that they weren't capable of finishing.

It's just awful that they could get that close to release with such a beautiful MD80, then just flush it down the tube.  It is actually flyable but still has some bugs which could have been ironed out without a whole lot of trouble.

• Upvote 1

Guest Mik75
2 minutes ago, Glenn_C said:

Thanks for the update. It is one of my favorite planes in X-Plane. The textures and sounds are top class AND the fms is pretty good and hand flies really smooth.

Absolutely! I love it as well, and just as most things in XP, it’s so smooth. ;-) And the auto flight system (A/P, A/T and FMA) became really good after all these updates. 

Since we have all the MD-80 folks gathered together...

I can't figure something out: When I apply throttle for takeoff, I get a warning that I can't figure out.

It sounds like "Front Left"

And, once you get the wrong words in your head, you can't get them out.

Any ideas as to what that message is?

Thanks

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

I think it's the "flaps" warning, signaling a wrong T/O config. I read that the MD80 warning system pronounces it as "fu-laps" to differentiate it from the similar word "slats":

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thanks. I'll run with that.

I looked and looked for a simple list of CAWS messages and couldn't find it...even with Google!

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

16 hours ago, Murmur said:

I think it's the "flaps" warning, signaling a wrong T/O config. I read that the MD80 warning system pronounces it as "fu-laps" to differentiate it from the similar word "slats":

Why does it sound like it's saying "Front Laps"?

15 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Why does it sound like it's saying "Front Laps"?

Did you read what Murmer suggested? 

Sounds plausible to me.

6 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

Did you read what Murmer suggested? 

Sounds plausible to me.

Maybe.  I'll have to listen closer.

2 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Maybe.  I'll have to listen closer.

You can play this sound slowly to distinguish the sound better.  X:\X-Plane Folder\Aircraft\Rotate-MD-80\plugins\MD-80-core\res\sounds\alert\to-flaps.wav

• Upvote 1