Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

FSDT PHNL

So I'm thinking of buying this airport because I'd like to do some United 738 ETOPS flights out of KLAX.

I just wanted to know if FSDT version will still match the current charts (taxiways, runways etc), if not I'll just download an AFCAD. 

Thanks!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I haven't noticed any problems with it.  Go over to the FSDT forum and see if any one is complaining. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

FSDT products are free to try. Install the airport and you will have some minutes of "try out" time each time you start your sim. If you like the airport you purchase it and you will get an activation code.

b rdgs / Dick

=

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So I'm thinking of buying this airport because I'd like to do some United 738 ETOPS flights out of KLAX.

I just wanted to know if FSDT version will still match the current charts (taxiways, runways etc), if not I'll just download an AFCAD. 

Thanks!

Yes it is up to date the correct gates and taxiways layouts.

Awesome! Does anyone know if PHOG is current too?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

30 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Awesome! Does anyone know if PHOG is current too?

I do not think any of the Hawaiian airports have changed much since fsdt released their packages. I have not noticed any differences from the real charts in my virtual flights.

ok sweet!!

Ron Hamilton

15 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

ok sweet!!

If you buy all three FSDT Hawaiian sceneries from PCAviator you get 40% off or $14.37 per scenery. Not a bad deal for ~$43 and if you pick it up on a tuesday, that's another 10% off.

• Upvote 2

O and they all have p3dv4 installers too?

Ron Hamilton

The only significant (from my perspective) problem is FSDT PHNL ILS08L (most often used for arrivals) is missing the DME.  On inspection, one finds that the ILS is totally missing from the AFCAD and FSDT relies entirely on default navaids.  The fix is simple using the Herve Sors ILS inspector to add the DME at the correct location.

PHTO is missing the Hilo ITO VORTAC, of course this navaid is not in the default scenery and FSDT does not add it.  I added it to my AFCAD for PHTO, in fact I customized the AFCADs for PHTO, PHKO and PHLI to create parking spots for my B736 BBJ.  Afterall, you're not going to park your private jet at an airline gate so you need something near the FBO.

Dan Downs KCRP

43 minutes ago, downscc said:

The only significant (from my perspective) problem is FSDT PHNL ILS08L (most often used for arrivals) is missing the DME.  On inspection, one finds that the ILS is totally missing from the AFCAD and FSDT relies entirely on default navaids.  The fix is simple using the Herve Sors ILS inspector to add the DME at the correct location.

Dan, I couldn't find "ILS Inspector" in the Library, but is this the utility you're referring to? 

EasyNavs FS9/FSX Navaids Editor (easynavs.zip)

If so, is the BGLComp SDK Microsoft program required to make these changes? I ask because what little info is in the library listing about the program mentions using the SDK to recompile the XML. I only have FSX Acceleration, which didn't come with the SDK.

Thanks.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

1 hour ago, coa1117 said:

Dan, I couldn't find "ILS Inspector" in the Library, but is this the utility you're referring to? 

EasyNavs FS9/FSX Navaids Editor (easynavs.zip)

If so, is the BGLComp SDK Microsoft program required to make these changes? I ask because what little info is in the library listing about the program mentions using the SDK to recompile the XML. I only have FSX Acceleration, which didn't come with the SDK.

Thanks.

Add this to your favorites: http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html

The SDK is not required, the ILS inspector backs up the original bgl and then 'patches' it with the changes that you enter during edit.  So far, there is little change between FSX and P3D when it comes to airport objects in general and navaids specifically.  FYI the ILS is an object that belongs to a runway, and a runway belongs to an airport and so it goes.

For all US and territories, the FAA provides free easily accessible data for airports and navaids at the National Flight Data Center here: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/aero_data/ ; however, the summary data doesn't provide the lat/lon for the DME so one has to dig into the details contained in the 28-day NASR Subscription.  This takes time, well worth it, to learn where information is and how to decode it so here is the DME lat/lon for your use: 21-19-27.877N 157-54-17.174W.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

O and they all have p3dv4 installers too?

Yes. All FSDT installer gives you the option to select which sim version to install. 

5 hours ago, downscc said:

PHTO is missing the Hilo ITO VORTAC, of course this navaid is not in the default scenery and FSDT does not add it.  I added it to my AFCAD for PHTO, in fact I customized the AFCADs for PHTO, PHKO and PHLI to create parking spots for my B736 BBJ.  Afterall, you're not going to park your private jet at an airline gate so you need something near the FBO.

Why the heck doesn't Umberto just hire you to do all the navaid stuff? Seems like a no-brainer.

Eric 

7 hours ago, downscc said:

Add this to your favorites: http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html

Thanks Dan. This will come in handy. Appreciate the help.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration