Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

A2A forum Login 3DLights Redux problem

Hello all,

I have just purchased A2A 3d lights redux for fs2004 which I downloaded and installed. I now find that despite a blurb on their sight (info regarding 3dlights redux) that it installs into all aircraft, that the install complete info tells me it is installed into my default aircraft. I do not think I have used a default aircraft in the last ten years so this is a complete waste to me.  I could then find no instructions in the zip download so I headed back to the site and reaffirmed that my download was indeed installable into all my aircraft. I could not, however find any further information regarding how to do so. 

So I loaded up my favorite IFly 737 with a night departure. Turning on the taxi lights rewarded me with no difference that I could see, Taxiway lights and lrunway lights appear to be the same as well. The landing lights just blot out everything in a sea of white which is normal. It would appear that this programme has no effect on these lights.

My next step was to send off a support email requesting further information, which, to this time has not been answered. (not a problem really) 

Just now, I tried to register in their forum to try to get information on this perceived problem and I say perceived, mainly because it may well be a simple thing that I have missed, Everything went well until I tried to submit the corrupted (read slightly illegible) confirmation text. Two attempts failed so I got my wife to try to read the letters/numbers. Two further attempts failed so I got two other people in on the game and all subsequents readings failed until I was told to try again later.

I can only conclude that we are all totally illiterate or that there is a slight problem on the site. I tried to contact the Board Administrator but that just moved me to a black page with nowhere to go.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if they do, in fact, have a problem at the moment? I would also be pleased to know here if there is a procedure to follow to install the programme, whether the airports are indeed affected or if there are any instructions or any further mucking around with configs etc.

I further hope that this is the right forum and if not, Moderators please move appropriately.

Thanks 

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello Tony,

Regarding the install of the Shocklight effects - when I was purchasing this addon years ago I remember that only one small document was coming with it describing the installation of the effects into addon aircraft. This procedure has not changed since FS2004 and is still valid for P3Dv3 where the light effects still work. But this task is a manual one. The installer recognizes only the default FS9 aircrafts and modifies the lights section in their aircraft.cfg files to display the Shocklight effects instead of the default bland light effects.

For any addon aircraft you want the Shocklight effects to be displayed too you need to manually modify the respective aircraft.cfg file. I am not at my home computer, so I cannot provide an example for the moment. But basically you choose the landing light / taxi light or strobe light effect of any addon aircraft and replace it with the name of a Shocklights light effect that would do the same job. The effect files from A2A should have been installed to the "effects" folder in your FS2004 main folder. You should be able to recognize them by name.

Theselights work well and the effects are indeed great IMO. The only place where it does not work is if the light effect of the addon aircraft has been programmed into the aircraft model. For example aircrafts that show flexing wings will not work with the navigation lights/strobe lights. The reason is that the A2A lights get fixed to a position in the aircraft.cfg file, while the lights in the aircraft model move with the wing tips.

If you Google for shocklight effects and addon aircrafts you should be able to find plenty of configuration examples for nearly any addon aircraft out there.

Good luck and Best Regards

Frank

• Upvote 1

My apologies to you all for the lack of response.

I was sitting back waiting for a response and thinking this was as bad as the response from A2A which I am still waiting for.

It was only just now, that I came to the hangar chat forum to find that I am not following this topic so it is my bad entirely. Again I apologise.

Frank, ...  thanks for this information which I shall investigate further. I have been backwards and forwards into the zip and also the A2A site and I simply cannot find any documentation whatsoever. I shall have to scrutinize (with an intense scrute) further I think. 

Penzoil3, ... I will now have a look at your link and let you know how I got on.

Many thanks to you both

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

FYI A2A does not offer support via email. It is necessary to post on their forums for support. I do see that they list an "info" email address at the bottom of that product page and well let them know. It looks like a very old product page of theirs.

I also could not find separate product documentation linked on this product page as is usually the case for their other products.

The corrupted text technique is very commonly used on many websites as part of the user registration process to verify that a human, and not a computer program, is attempting to register. You can usually request another image if the one you received is not clear. There is typically an option to have an audio playback of the text to type in of reading it proves too difficult.

• Upvote 1

Oracle,

1. Contact was via their support link in the "thanks for your money" email.

2. I eventually found documentation in their Shockwave folder installed in FS2004.

3. I am very much aware of the corrupted text system which is used far and wide. However, if it takes up to four people in probably 10 unsuccessful attempts to read it, I then have to suspect their system is broken or the readers are. Personnally, I have give up with them.

4. I cannot understand why this system when installed via the Panel and aircraft configs need the positioning of the lights to be altered .  FSXinsiders, in the link above says it is a relatively quick and easy system and this may well be true for some. Unfortunately, for me, a further five hours trying to get the illumination to actually come from the lights and not just a glare from within the aircraft itself proved fruitless.  In the end, I have appealled, via the Flight1 FS2004 Ifly737 forum for someone with the BBJ3 and using the Redux software to share his/her config files. I am hoping the light cordinates will be much the same for all of the 737 aircraft. I am happy to admit that this problem is a direct result of MY inability to understand how the positioning works, but for me it is extraordinarily complicated.

5. I have yet to get any response whatsoever from A2A which actually amazes me.  I have never seen, in any forum, any complaints about them or their products. Their products are, apparently, extraordinary and draw glowing comments.  I can only conclude that ithe problem is something I am doing incorrectly in the request for some information from them. I am quite sure that the product itself is working brilliantly in the default aircraft, but I don't use them at all ...  in fact, I delete them all from the aircraft folder except for the Cessna 172 and the Learjet  Sad really.

In summary, this product has, gleaned from ME, little but self-generated frustration, with the possible side effect of an expensive hair replacement programme.

I thank those who have contributed, particularly Penszoil3 for their help.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Sue,

You are a marvel. Where and how do you find these things???

Unfortunately with all my payware aircraft, the only one listed in your link is the Feelthere145.

1. Dreamfleet BaronB58 with RXP

2. Feelthere Phenom 100 ... ERJ 135/145/175/195

3. Eaglesoft Citation extreme 2the data for those 

4. Quality Wings BAe 146 and RJ's

5. IFly 737 and 747-400

6. LVL D 767

I was also wondering if the PMDG specs would be the same as IFly although I normally only fly my beloved repainted Five Star Charter BBJ3.

So if anyone can supplyconfigs I would  be enormously grateful.

Thanks again Sue.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.