Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

MilViz Otter vs. Just Flight Otter

So I would like to see of anyone who owns both would be willing to share their opinion as to which is better, The MilViz Otter or the Just Flight Otter.

FPS is another thing I want to consider.  If anyone knows what kind of FPS hit there is in P3D v4.1 for both of these it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

I suspect that not too many people will own both but your best chance of a comparison might be if anyone out there with the MilViz Otter has also tried the demo version of the Just Flight Otter. 

Bill

19 hours ago, scianoir said:

I suspect that not too many people will own both but your best chance of a comparison might be if anyone out there with the MilViz Otter has also tried the demo version of the Just Flight Otter. 

Bill

Yes, correct.  Thanks.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I got the MilViz Otter and am very satisied with it.  Highly reccomended.

Thanks.

Caleb Byers

One more thing I wanted to add is that the MilViz Otter does not have the passenger area of the interior modeled in the Virtual Cockpit.  Only the cockpit is modeled.  But from what I understand, the Just Flight Otter does have the passenger area modeled.  It is not a big issue to me, but to others it might be important to have the passenger area, so I thought I would mention it here.

Otherwise the MilViz Otter is very nice and I like it a lot.

Caleb Byers

On 25/01/2018 at 4:52 PM, caleb1 said:

So I would like to see of anyone who owns both would be willing to share their opinion as to which is better, The MilViz Otter or the Just Flight Otter.

Perhaps when you get a chance you might download the demo version of the Just Flight Otter and give us a comparison of the two?

Bill 

On 2/2/2018 at 0:45 PM, caleb1 said:

I got the MilViz Otter and am very satisied with it.  Highly reccomended.

Thanks.

I've brought many Milviz products but of them I feel like I will never buy another one again. The Beaver was one that really disappointed me personally. So since you have the Otter can you answer one question, does milviz label every switch and lever with tool tip labels so that if you hoover the mouse over them you can see what switch or lever it is? This might sound trivial to some but when you fly in VR and if the actual panel printed labels are small/not to scale and weathered like in the Beaver, one has no idea what switches are what. I like the concept of the Otter for FSE purposes but just not sure about if the Milviz is what I would want have such a bad taste with their Beaver.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Perhaps when you get a chance you might download the demo version of the Just Flight Otter and give us a comparison of the two?

Bill 

I have a thread here that has an error on install of the JustFlight Otter.  As soon as I get that fixed I will try the JustFlight Otter Demo.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/530024-just-flight-otter-demo-install-error/

8 minutes ago, Ident said:

I've brought many Milviz products but of them I feel like I will never buy another one again. The Beaver was one that really disappointed me personally. So since you have the Otter can you answer one question, does milviz label every switch and lever with tool tip labels so that if you hoover the mouse over them you can see what switch or lever it is? This might sound trivial to some but when you fly in VR and if the actual panel printed labels are small/not to scale and weathered like in the Beaver, one has no idea what switches are what. I like the concept of the Otter for FSE purposes but just not sure about if the Milviz is what I would want have such a bad taste with their Beaver.

Hi Ident,

I really don't pay much attention to the tooltips because most of the time I will zoom in or program a Chaseplane camera preset near the switches, and I can see the switch labels in the cockpit fine without the tool tips.

But I can say that with the MilViz Otter at least some of the switches have tool tips, and the other switches don't seem to, but maybe I am not hovering for long enough.  I will look next time I fly it and let you know.

Caleb

• Upvote 1

Caleb Byers

Thanks Caleb. that was the case with the Beaver with some yes and some no. A2A can really set a high bar showing while its a small detail, for me its important. Mainly because in addition to that, they dont code switches and such to be assigned via GoFlight or other hardware modules on everything so it just makes the immersion level weak. Its not their fault as its not a huge deal but it does make a difference.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2018 at 1:49 PM, Ident said:

Thanks Caleb. that was the case with the Beaver with some yes and some no. A2A can really set a high bar showing while its a small detail, for me its important. Mainly because in addition to that, they dont code switches and such to be assigned via GoFlight or other hardware modules on everything so it just makes the immersion level weak. Its not their fault as its not a huge deal but it does make a difference.

My Beaver lables in the VC itself are pretty clear when zoomed into them.  Are yours blurry?

Caleb

Caleb Byers

One thing about the old girl, she's slower than molasses running up hill. An impressive aristocratic air about her in real life though. I 'll never forget the one in Columbia my Dad used to take me to meet coming in from Panama. Back in 1958 that plane looked like a winged goddess to my six year old eyes.

Vic green

6 hours ago, caleb1 said:

My Beaver labels in the VC itself are pretty clear when zoomed into them.  Are yours blurry?

I fly VR so there is no zoom in. Well there is but there shouldnt need to be. Leaning in will allow one to read almost anything but like I said, the scale factor is off on the Beaver in some stuff. So I would have to lean in and move my yoke out of the way to get close enough to read it or easily read it. 

On 2/4/2018 at 11:41 PM, Ident said:

I fly VR so there is no zoom in. Well there is but there shouldnt need to be. Leaning in will allow one to read almost anything but like I said, the scale factor is off on the Beaver in some stuff. So I would have to lean in and move my yoke out of the way to get close enough to read it or easily read it. 

Ok.  Hopefully you will get it fixed sometime.

Caleb Byers