Sign in to follow this  
fernandito1969

Crew Messages during Pre-Flight

Hi Bryan;

Nailed it once again. Its strange since I have used all this time that front USB Port but indeed, its no longer taking place and have audio response from the FO from preflight to shutdown. Thanks once again.

Two more quick questions my friend;

1. Took note of another cabin announcement that took place after take off are not longer heard until (After landing Procedures). There was an announcement that you could hear previously from the FA "Ok to walk around the cabin, Ok to turn electronic devices and later at reaching cruise altitude "meal time announcement" were those deleted from this 747 program?

2. Viewing several ILS landing tutorials with FS2Crew found on youtube, I have also noticed that during after landing Rollout, not sure if it's the FO or the person producing the video but a voice it's heard on the videos that states, (a.) "Speed Brake it's Up"= I know FO, (b.) "Reverse Green"=?? and next (c.) "60 Knots"=I know FO, furthermore you actually hear the engines reverse thrusting sound happening but so far I am only able to hear (a.) and (c.) but not (b.) or the engines, so looking through the manual, I am some what confused how to correct that issue...Any suggestion? 

Hi,

Glad you got the audio sorted.

1. I recall they're based on distance to destination as read out of the FMC.  So if you're making a very short flight, you won't get any meals message.

2. We have no control over reverse engine thrust sounds.  But in a 747, you might not hear them well because you're sitting far away from the engines.  At any rate, that would be a function of your FS volume sliders.

Hi,

Regarding the reversers, sorry for the silly question but are you sure that the reversers are actually selected? In my system, the FO does announce the reversers green everytime. 

Also, at reversers idle, there is no specific sound but if increase a bit the reverse thrust then you can here it quite clearly. 

Have you checked that the REV green indication is displayed on the upper EICAS N1 gauges (or EPR depending on the model)? Because I below that is what triggers the FO announcement (or at least coincides to that call).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Bub;

You completely lost me on that last 2 lines, "checked that the REV green indication is displayed on the upper EICAS N1 gauges (or EPR depending on the model). Have no idea where to look for that spot on the panels...could you share a screen shot to help me look into.:huh:

Hi,

Have a look at the FCOM page 832 (p 7.10.4) for the illustration of the what I mean. It will be faster than wait for me to land and take an screenshot.

On the upper EICAS where you can see the four bars representing the engines thrust, you have on top the thrust reference indicated in green. But when the reversers are deployed, that indication is relaced by REV on each engine.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

No worries! :happy:

FCOM means Flight Crew Operations Manual. It is one of the pdf that come with the addon.
Have a look there: [Sim folder]\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Flight Manuals

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

You are welcome, don't hesitate if you need more help.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi Gentz;

I am have run into the same problem of loosing the FO audio response during push back and engine start sequence so took action by pressing the L9 Bottom on the audio section (words on red *RESET AUDIO SYSTEM) and then *PLAY AUDIO TEST* in yellow color with nothing heard or success (Response *audio test in progress, left speaker test, right speaker test, audio test completed).,. This test it's always executed prior to activating the (Run Preflight Events). Only remedy so far it's to shut down the program to include rebooting the PC completely. It's there a remedy or procedure to gain the audio back without having to shut down the whole thing and re-start the program?..

Try updating your audio drivers.

If using a USB headset, try using a port behind your computer.

Avoid USB hubs... they can go to sleep causing an audio disconnect.

Ensure your USB ports aren't set to "sleep" after inactivity.

Roger that Bryan...:huh:Will look into that action of the 3rd line. I did some voice testing with the options on the General Commands options section on the MOM and regained the audio response from the FO. Once lost the audio I tried a few of them but not sure which command activated the FO to reply back and repeated the checklist a few times aprx 3 but did gained audio response for the remaining of the flight. I think it was the command (Lets try again). I used (Set & Checked) and did not get a response right away. I don't think that (resume chklist, or restart did it) commands did it. Nevertheless, I' am going to keep a close eye and take note right away on the next flight and see if it does it again and report.:cool:

Note: :huh:One strange thing happened but great as well that took place was that during (Before Taxi Procedures) I called out for the "Flight Controls check Your Controls from SOP2) which it's not listed on SOP1 and the FO responded and executed, that was a total surprise. Indeed this it's truly an awesome program Bryan.:biggrin:   

Success!!:biggrin:...I think I have found the solution to the audio response trouble Bryan. Once again I lost it during the "Before Taxi Checklist" sequence and the I gave command "Resume Checklist", the FO responded by going through the whole checklist alone and then I repeated "Before Taxi Checklist" then responded and executed accordingly. Audio remained good through the rest of the flight. Looking into what other command comes up from SOP2 while using SOP1.