Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[26JAN18] ...These are a few of our FAVORITE things...

2 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

I'm just curious about this fact not as much in the sim than in the real world. As you underline it can have a significant impact on the aircraft flying near maximum range. Does this mean there are some kind of readings available when you refuel the aircraft, that the captain or the flight planner can use to plan the fuel quantity properly ?

The more significant effect on a day to day basis is that pilots/dispatchers work in terms of mass when it comes to fuel requirements (because apart from anything else - a 1kg mass of fuel will always have the same amount of energy), but AFAIK the refueller normally works (and, significantly, charges) in volume. Thus the SG of the fuel, along with the volume uplifted, will normally be provided with the paperwork - and this can then be checked to ensure the correct mass has been uplifted.

• Upvote 1

Robert, you never disappoint! The only thing wrong with your post is only 1 preview of the beast!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

So here is a quick screen capture of a few of our favorite things about the 747-8.

Oh, I don't see anything groundbreaking there... :tongue:

:ph34r:

Walter Meier

2 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

Oh, I don't see anything groundbreaking there... :tongue:

:ph34r:

Banned :laugh:

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Clashin_Jon said:

I like how the wings bounce and makes me feel like im flying a seagull :P

Turbulence settings are key.

Welcome to the forum! Do note that PMDG require full names in the forums, first and last.

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

So here is a quick screen capture of a few of our favorite things about the 747-8.

Just faxed you a check for $325,000,000 -- expecting download access momentarily.  But if you could hold off on cashing it for a few days ...

Mike

• Upvote 3

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

22 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Just faxed you a check for $325,000,000 -- expecting download access momentarily.  But if you could hold off on cashing it for a few days ...

Mike

For that price you could’ve bought a real one and offered RSR the chance to fly it crewed by PMDG staff in exchange for a download. Lease it to PMDG for their new sim center, only 5,000 dollars an hour for the opportunity to be a first officer in a real 747-8!:laugh:

• Upvote 2

TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE CALCUALTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get it for the 744 and the NGX??? 

Please Please Please

• Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

21 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE CALCUALTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get it for the 744 and the NGX??? 

Please Please Please

Maybe if they can get the data for a reasonable price, I recall that being a big factor why they haven’t done it before.

Oh my!

And the teasing has commenced!

Just sitting here drooling over one shot...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

Normally I start out my threads with an image or two- but this time I just gave you a wall of text.  Sorry.  :ph34r:

Has the 747-8 entered the beta tests already?

• Upvote 1

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

19 minutes ago, Wolfgang Lang said:

Has the 747-8 entered the beta tests already?

I don’t think so, they usually announce when their products do.

I know the emphasis is on the flight deck and systems...the cabin is a secondary consideration. But I love the fact that something that may happen in the cabin that affects the flightdeck is modelled. Like when I flick on the seatbelt sign the 'PA in use' message comes up for a few moments as the cabin crew advise passengers to return to their seats

• Upvote 1