Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[26JAN18] ...These are a few of our FAVORITE things...

OMG! I never thought, I'd look so much forward to an expansion package of an addon.

WOW!

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

12 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

Normally I start out my threads with an image or two- but this time I just gave you a wall of text.  Sorry.  :ph34r:

So here is a quick screen capture of a few of our favorite things about the 747-8.

PMDG_748_Cockpit.jpg 

Nice! Pretty packed with new stuff. But why are you guys using yokes from the -400 on the -8? The -8 does not have a yoke checklist and the moving memory thingy on it. Just a heads up, really. 

You can see the landing performance calculator in the left EFB, I'm assuming that means you'll have T/O calculator too.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

14 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

Normally I start out my threads with an image or two- but this time I just gave you a wall of text.  Sorry.  :ph34r:

So here is a quick screen capture of a few of our favorite things about the 747-8.

PMDG_748_Cockpit.jpg 

Wow amazing that you included so many new features! Even rain effects!

I can see now that after the 737MAX you are more than ready to do the 787 family!!! :happy:

• Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I love the flap linkages, and everything about the exterior really, PMDG's modeling has come a long way since the MD-11. 

-Angelo Busato

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, serviceceiling said:

Nice! Pretty packed with new stuff. But why are you guys using yokes from the -400 on the -8? The -8 does not have a yoke checklist and the moving memory thingy on it. Just a heads up, really. 

Not sure if it’s an option or not. Still, no need to nitpick something. Everyone here knows there’s an option to turn both of those things off.

Also: alpha images, so there’s that.

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure if it’s an option or not. Still, no need to nitpick something. Everyone here knows there’s an option to turn both of those things off.

Also: alpha images, so there’s that.

Alpha? :(  expected different infos. But anyway! WE (community) are hardly waiting :P

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

17 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

PMDG_748_Cockpit.jpg 

Is the rain effect will support with the previous products like PMDG 777 and 737NGX ???

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Still, no need to nitpick something

Seriously Kyle, how long have you been on here?  That is what we do... :biggrin:  I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that the windows are 0.1 degree out of alignment.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

Back to the AILERON LOCKOUT advisory msg, the underlying really neat detail is the correct modeling of the 744 on the ground in the cold - it was -34C on the ramp at PAFA yesterday afternoon and, even with all engines up and running from a cold start, the engine generators will not kick-in until you run the engines up a little. A few minutes at idle won't do it, gotta run 'em up a little. If you don't, you might (as I did) get the flaps in transition and turn off the APU, only to have a battery powered airplane with 4 engines running(!)

Then, after getting power back, since flaps were in transition during the admittedly bone-headed move of cutting the APU before engine gen kicks-in, you'll get the AILERON LOCKOUT. This series of events is exactly what would happen on the real bird. Well done, PMDG!

• Upvote 1

This thread is out of order.

Everyone please stop.

I keep looking at my credit card and thinking I'll survive on bread and water until end of the month - it's only a few days. That 747 really does look the business...and what the chaps are saying about it.

I want.

Oh my!!!  That is all.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply