Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[26JAN18] ...These are a few of our FAVORITE things...

10 hours ago, hasse29 said:

Suddenly my daughter asked me to help her in toilet. I hurried up and helped her. Back to the queen that was just passing transition alt at 9850ft. Fixed all things and all was good. Closing in to FL110 and an error message came up. Dont remember exactly what it said, but started to check controls. What can it be.I think there was a warning siren also. I could not find anything. I had not turned on error, so I started to wonder if I discovered a bug.

Continued through FL150 and soon it reported that oxygen mask was released. I though "Ok, what am I doing since I try to kill all passengers?". Looked at FMC to check on doors. But all doors was closed and locked. What the h..l was going on. Went back to checklist and checked on all to find out what went wrong. Then I found it. Because my daughter interrupted me, I forgot to turn on packs after takeoff. The big bug was me (as it often is). Quickly turned on the packs and got to practice a return to Shanghai. In my mind I could see all ambulances waiting for my arrival.

And this is exactly why I don't have kids. Stuff like that can't happen. And my parents (or at least, my mom, anyway) know better than to try to interrupt me in flight. By this point, my mom's figured out that if I'm at home and I don't answer the phone, I'm probably flying (I have my phone on silent, so I can't hear it anyway).

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

10 hours ago, hasse29 said:

Suddenly my daughter asked me to help her in toilet. I hurried up and helped her. Back to the queen that was just passing transition alt at 9850ft. Fixed all things and all was good. Closing in to FL110 and an error message came up. Dont remember exactly what it said, but started to check controls. What can it be.I think there was a warning siren also. I could not find anything. I had not turned on error, so I started to wonder if I discovered a bug.

There's always the Pause button.  I realize it disrupts the immersion -- my daughter was half-grown when I got into flight simulation, but I did have a dog that often accompanied me on the "flight deck" but sometimes needed immediate attention.

Mike

• Upvote 2

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 26-1-2018 at 8:51 AM, rsrandazzo said:

There is one message in the fuel system that has ten minutes of delay on it to make sure it isn't just reactive to a transient condition in the center wing tank.  I forget which one it was off the top of my head- but it is there...

NO WINGS PRESENT FOR FUEL

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

ok .... I am still sitting and reading all the comments here ... its like eating popcorn and waiting for the favorite movie to start .... Happy to be a small part of this community 

• Upvote 1