Sign in to follow this  
Chowonwoo

PMC in CFM56 engine

Hello, I have question about engine system of CFM56.

I visited 'Smartcockpit' and I found 'Engine Regulation of CFM engine'.

I read that and  I found something interesting thing on that manual.

PMC. When I saw that and I think that is part of EEC, but I keep read about PMC, and I found more interesting thing.

Manual saying "When PMC on, PMC on, PMC control power, but when PMC off, pilot must control power."

I learned EEC is only prevent flameout or another abnormal situation, not control power, but PMC control power.

That meaning PMC is autothrottle? Or PMC is difftent with autothrottle?

I want to know that. Quick answer please.

• Upvote 1

The power management control (PMC) is a precursor to the EEC and found on the 737 classics( 300-500). Its purpose is to maintain proper climb thrust settings by adjusting fuel flow based on thrust lever angle (TLA), N1, inlet temp, and pressure. Best way to describe it is as a trim for the engine control unit that keeps N1 from going over limits. It does not move the thrust levers.

Brian W

KPAE

On 2018. 1. 27. at 2:09 AM, BrianW said:

The power management control (PMC) is a precursor to the EEC and found on the 737 classics( 300-500). Its purpose is to maintain proper climb thrust settings by adjusting fuel flow based on thrust lever angle (TLA), N1, inlet temp, and pressure. Best way to describe it is as a trim for the engine control unit that keeps N1 from going over limits. It does not move the thrust levers.

And EEC in 737-800 or PMC in 737CL is irrelevant with A/T?

And I want to know EEC can control power (N1) or just prevent the engine accident??